• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why would anyone in Baltimore want to carry for Self Defense?

Dreamer

"They racked up 12 robbery victims and a shooting victim -- a nonfatal shooting victim -- in less than four hours from start to finish, not just in one district," Baltimore City Police Commissioner Fred Bealefeld said.

http://www.wbaltv.com/baltimore-city/29892210/detail.html

But it was the fatal shooting of a 72-year-old customer during a holdup at Yau Brothers in April 2010, followed two days later by another deadly shooting at a gas station parking lot four blocks up Greenmount, that prompted increased patrols and promises of help from the mayor and Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III.

This Halloween there was another killing at Yau Brothers. The victim, a 52-year-old retired city bus driver who drove an airport shuttle, was a bystander caught in a robbery while waiting for dinner.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-ci-greenmount-avenue-20111129,0,1807529.story

carsontech

Activist Member
Holy crap. They shot the dude in the eye and leg...

How long are you going to be in MD, or are you going to be a lifer trying to fight for their gun rights?

Dreamer

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be here a while. I hope to be out before 2014 though.

In the meantime, I will continue to "fight the good fight", much to the chagrin of the various MD "gun rights" orgs... ;)