Thread: Port Orchard, WA home defence

Lacey, Washington, USA

Port Orchard, WA home defence

Port Orchard homeowner shoots intruder

by KING 5 News

Posted on December 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - No charges are expected to be filed against a Kitsap County homeowner who shot a man who broke into his house Saturday morning.

It happened around 1 a.m. in Port Orchard near Melcher Street and Portland Avenue.

The suspect was on the run from police when he forced his way into a home to try to hide from the officers. The homeowner was sleeping at the time, but woke up when he heard the suspect break down the door.

Authorities say the homeowner shot the intruder in self defense.

"In this situation, someone physically broke in his door, came into his residence he was unfamiliar with this person and he had a girlfriend there, he has a right to protect his property and his family,” said Det. Krista Hedstrom of the Washington State Patrol.

The intruder was shot in the stomach and taken to the hospital for surgery. He's listed in stable condition.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 12-03-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux

South end of the state, Illinois, USA
    WOW! I read that headline and my heart skipped a beat . I have a daughter and grand daughter living there.

Justice was served.

Perhaps the miscreant who intruded on the homeowner's domain will think twice before pulling such a stupid stunt again.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    "Dead" is a very "stable condition." It's the ultimate "stable condition." Unfortunately, I don't think that is what they mean.