• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Orchard, WA home defence

golddigger14s

Activist Member
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Port-Orchard-homeowner-shoots-intruder-134971048.html

Port Orchard homeowner shoots intruder

by KING 5 News

Posted on December 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - No charges are expected to be filed against a Kitsap County homeowner who shot a man who broke into his house Saturday morning.

It happened around 1 a.m. in Port Orchard near Melcher Street and Portland Avenue.

The suspect was on the run from police when he forced his way into a home to try to hide from the officers. The homeowner was sleeping at the time, but woke up when he heard the suspect break down the door.

Authorities say the homeowner shot the intruder in self defense.

"In this situation, someone physically broke in his door, came into his residence he was unfamiliar with this person and he had a girlfriend there, he has a right to protect his property and his family,” said Det. Krista Hedstrom of the Washington State Patrol.

The intruder was shot in the stomach and taken to the hospital for surgery. He's listed in stable condition.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

Justice was served.

Perhaps the miscreant who intruded on the homeowner's domain will think twice before pulling such a stupid stunt again.

eye95

"Dead" is a very "stable condition." It's the ultimate "stable condition." Unfortunately, I don't think that is what they mean.