• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pricecutter ask if i'm a cop

Shooter64738

Actually I thought we were good to go with Price Cutter?

Up until last year they had "No Gun" signs up, and after several months of telling them we would shop elsewhere they took the signs down, and even sent emails out to some indicating that they were now gun friendly. You can still see the outline where the old "No Gun" stickers were on the Springfield stores.

Redbaron007

Actually I thought we were good to go with Price Cutter?

Up until last year they had "No Gun" signs up, and after several months of telling them we would shop elsewhere they took the signs down, and even sent emails out to some indicating that they were now gun friendly. You can still see the outline where the old "No Gun" stickers were on the Springfield stores.

With what the OP stated, I sent them an email to verify they haven't changed. No response, as of today, Monday morning.

Redbaron007

I received an email Monday from a store director, the email was sent to the corporate offices, who stated there was no corporate policy prohibiting OC or CCW in PriceCutter stores.

Firedawg314

I received an email Monday from a store director, the email was sent to the corporate offices, who stated there was no corporate policy prohibiting OC or CCW in PriceCutter stores.

that is some good research. Is it possible you can post that email/ policy/ statement so others can print out. Even though I don't leave anywhere near there, but it would be great for others to have more than a "say so" answer.

Not to make the manager look bad... but its nice if they have a copy

MKEgal

I'd like to have a copy of that email too, since when my mom lives in a city w/ those stores.

thebigsd said:
the best thing to do is simply hand the manager what you were planning to buy and then leave. This way you get your point across and the manager is left holding his lost profit.
RPGamingGirl said:
"I will respect your wishes and take my money elsewhere," generally gets a back-peddling apology, heh.
These.
Make it very clear, immediate, & undeniable that they are losing money.
In a longer-running quest to get a particular store or chain to un-post, having people sending copies of their receipts for goods purchased at other stores is a very good tactic.

Shooter64738

This is NOT the new response

Just to keep a record this is the email that was received back in December 2010 after efforts to get the signs down at Price Cutter.

XXXXX,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. This issue has been discussed
further and we understand your position on this. We are re-evaluating this
policy and have taken down the signs that were posted. We will continue to
discuss this but the signs are down.

Thank You,
Ron

Ron Calton
Vice President Operations / Store Services
RPCS
336 S. Barnes
Springfield, Missouri 65802

I can't find it right now but there was also a positive letter from HyVee (hadn't been built here at the time)

Last edited: