Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What firearm do you carry/ammo and OC update.

What firearm do you carry/ammo and OC update.

I dont know if there has been a thread on this yet or not as I didnt find one, but what type of firearm do you all OC with and the type of ammo you use?
    For me its Glock 19 or S&W 9mm Sigma. The ammo is Hornday 115gr Critical Defense. Also as a side note, I am new to OCing I went to Fuquay, Angier and Coats yesterday, visiting Guns and Gold, and Sovereing Guns in Fuquay, Advanced Auto in Angier, and the IGA in Coats..with no issues. Was with my kids which may have made it better, but still a good day.

E.J.

I carry a gen 3 glock 22 .40cal loaded with Winnchester PDX1 bonded 180grain HP's most of the time.

good to hear, I was out at fuquay gun and the other place as well very friendly folks at both places very competitive prices, I carry my glock 17 and two extra mags 2 are stoked with 115gr. winchester ranger +p+ and the last one is 147gr. wwb jhp.

I carry a Walther P99AS 9mm. Ammo is dependent upon my budget and what I shot last. It cycles right now between some handloads which have 115gr HPs, and WWB 147gr HP. When winter weather actually gets here I'd like to switch to Hornady CD for its winter clothes abilities.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    S&W Sigma .40 loaded with Winchester white box bonded 180gr jhp and one spare mag.

Currently I am carrying a FNP-40 with Corbon DPX 140-grain hollow-points.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

FnH 5.7 with S4's from Elite Ammunition

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk

I usually carry a Glock 19 9mil Gen4 w/ Winchester PDX1 147gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.
    As of late, and most especially when I am on the motorcycle, I have been carrying my Glock 21 .45 auto w/ Winchester PDX1 230gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.

Check out the attached link and you will see why I have started keeping one on me, and the other within arms reach whenever I venture out.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/29912245/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post
    I usually carry a Glock 19 9mil Gen4 w/ Winchester PDX1 147gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.
    As of late, and most especially when I am on the motorcycle, I have been carrying my Glock 21 .45 auto w/ Winchester PDX1 230gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.

Check out the attached link and you will see why I have started keeping one on me, and the other within arms reach whenever I venture out.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/29912245/detail.html
    Mine is Glock 19 is a Gen 3 and carry an extra mag as well. You know Coats is a small town, but with the way things are going these days, you just never know anymore. Thats why I started to OC.
    Last edited by Glock19fan; 12-04-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

mattwestm
    I carry either a Glock 19, 29, or 30 all year long either openly or concealed. During the summer, I'll carry my Kahr CW9, but only concealed. I don't rotate guns that often, but I usually stick with the Glock 30 or 19.

In 9mm and 45ACP, I carry Remington Golden Sabers. And Winchester Silvertips 155gr loaded to 1400fps in 10mm.

Being temporarily exiled in the People's Republic of Maryland, I carry an empty Serpa, a can of pepper spray, a cell phone and a prayer in my heart...

When I am in VA, WV, PA or NC though, I carry whatever I damn well please, wherever I damn well please, open or concealed (I have multiple permits but none are recognized in MD).

Maryland sucks...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-04-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Daily carry is a Glock 17 w/spare mag. When I want to make a statement I carry a 1911. I use the Glock for daily carry because it can be replaced easier than the 1911. Both are loaded with Speer Gold Dots JHP.

Favorite is the XDm9 loaded with 145gr HP, 20 rds ready, 2 mags of 13 each to follow. ( Honest, officer, he didn't stop until the 46th hit.)
    First alternate is the .327 GP100 with Gold Dot 115 HPs. I've yet to find a 7-round speedloader, so the refills are in a memory stick pouch.
    Last choice is the .30 Luger pushing 93 gr SJSP. Only 8 on tap, plus what's in the pocket (extra mags are outrageous!).

My choice is a Glock 22, carried about 50/50 between open and concealed. I load the mags with Extreme Shock air defense and Winchester Ranger-T .
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Well, I'm not COMPLETELY OC-denied, I'll admit. I can OC/CC in my own home in MD.

And when I do, it's usually a Glock 36 with a spare mag (both mags have Pearson +1 buttpads), loaded with Winchester PDX-1 230gr .45acp ammo...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-05-2011 at 02:08 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Springfield XD .45 5''. With Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr.

13 + 1 in the pipe, and 2 mags with 13 rounds each. Do the math, 40 rounds of hate for anyone that wants to hurt me or my family.

Ruger P89DC, 15 round mag, plus a spare, loaded with FMJ ammo.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Springfield XDm .40 with Hornady Critical Defense 165gr
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Remington R1 with 185 grain Golden Sabers.
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?

ruger sr40c loaded with walmart cheapo federal ammo

Carry my G23 in a serpa holster. If its a place where I can't oc, I have a car mounted safe under my jeeps seat where I can leave it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I carry either a Glock 22,27,29, or 36 and carry some kind of HP ammo. I would like to carry my Kel-Tec PLR-16 with a Beta C mag but It's to big.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

besides my lucky wabbit's foot

i carry the FN Five-seveN w/extra clip...
    and if in greenville i break out the bumbershoot...
    wabbit

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Lately, its a Kimber Tactical Custom II (8+1, along w/ 2 spare mags) loaded with Winchester Ranger-T 230gr +P. BUG is a Ruger LCR .38 (5-shot J-frame) loaded with Corbon DPX 110gr +P.

Still waiting for Winchester to put out T-series bullets in .38+P.
    Carry on!

I carry a glock 19 and I can't remember the name of the amo , there cald black SOMTHING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast