• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What firearm do you carry/ammo and OC update.

Glock19fan

I dont know if there has been a thread on this yet or not as I didnt find one, but what type of firearm do you all OC with and the type of ammo you use?
For me its Glock 19 or S&W 9mm Sigma. The ammo is Hornday 115gr Critical Defense. Also as a side note, I am new to OCing I went to Fuquay, Angier and Coats yesterday, visiting Guns and Gold, and Sovereing Guns in Fuquay, Advanced Auto in Angier, and the IGA in Coats..with no issues. Was with my kids which may have made it better, but still a good day.

E.J.

Chris Hamby

I carry a gen 3 glock 22 .40cal loaded with Winnchester PDX1 bonded 180grain HP's most of the time.

dashowdy

good to hear, I was out at fuquay gun and the other place as well very friendly folks at both places very competitive prices, I carry my glock 17 and two extra mags 2 are stoked with 115gr. winchester ranger +p+ and the last one is 147gr. wwb jhp.

SovereignAxe

I carry a Walther P99AS 9mm. Ammo is dependent upon my budget and what I shot last. It cycles right now between some handloads which have 115gr HPs, and WWB 147gr HP. When winter weather actually gets here I'd like to switch to Hornady CD for its winter clothes abilities.

Bearfoot

I usually carry a Glock 19 9mil Gen4 w/ Winchester PDX1 147gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.
As of late, and most especially when I am on the motorcycle, I have been carrying my Glock 21 .45 auto w/ Winchester PDX1 230gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.

Check out the attached link and you will see why I have started keeping one on me, and the other within arms reach whenever I venture out.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/29912245/detail.html

Glock19fan

I usually carry a Glock 19 9mil Gen4 w/ Winchester PDX1 147gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.
As of late, and most especially when I am on the motorcycle, I have been carrying my Glock 21 .45 auto w/ Winchester PDX1 230gr jhp, w/ 1 extra mag.

Check out the attached link and you will see why I have started keeping one on me, and the other within arms reach whenever I venture out.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/29912245/detail.html

Mine is Glock 19 is a Gen 3 and carry an extra mag as well. You know Coats is a small town, but with the way things are going these days, you just never know anymore. Thats why I started to OC.

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

I carry either a Glock 19, 29, or 30 all year long either openly or concealed. During the summer, I'll carry my Kahr CW9, but only concealed. I don't rotate guns that often, but I usually stick with the Glock 30 or 19.

In 9mm and 45ACP, I carry Remington Golden Sabers. And Winchester Silvertips 155gr loaded to 1400fps in 10mm.

Dreamer

Being temporarily exiled in the People's Republic of Maryland, I carry an empty Serpa, a can of pepper spray, a cell phone and a prayer in my heart...

When I am in VA, WV, PA or NC though, I carry whatever I damn well please, wherever I damn well please, open or concealed (I have multiple permits but none are recognized in MD).

Maryland sucks...

Last edited:

N605TW

Activist Member
Daily carry is a Glock 17 w/spare mag. When I want to make a statement I carry a 1911. I use the Glock for daily carry because it can be replaced easier than the 1911. Both are loaded with Speer Gold Dots JHP.

bc.cruiser

Favorite is the XDm9 loaded with 145gr HP, 20 rds ready, 2 mags of 13 each to follow. ( Honest, officer, he didn't stop until the 46th hit.)
First alternate is the .327 GP100 with Gold Dot 115 HPs. I've yet to find a 7-round speedloader, so the refills are in a memory stick pouch.
Last choice is the .30 Luger pushing 93 gr SJSP. Only 8 on tap, plus what's in the pocket (extra mags are outrageous!).

Dreamer

Well, I'm not COMPLETELY OC-denied, I'll admit. I can OC/CC in my own home in MD.

And when I do, it's usually a Glock 36 with a spare mag (both mags have Pearson +1 buttpads), loaded with Winchester PDX-1 230gr .45acp ammo...

Last edited:

Brion

Springfield XD .45 5''. With Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr.

13 + 1 in the pipe, and 2 mags with 13 rounds each. Do the math, 40 rounds of hate for anyone that wants to hurt me or my family.