• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What firearm do you carry/ammo and OC update.

importinvasion

Carry my G23 in a serpa holster. If its a place where I can't oc, I have a car mounted safe under my jeeps seat where I can leave it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Carry24/7

I carry either a Glock 22,27,29, or 36 and carry some kind of HP ammo. I would like to carry my Kel-Tec PLR-16 with a Beta C mag but It's to big.

ncwabbit

besides my lucky wabbit's foot

i carry the FN Five-seveN w/extra clip...
and if in greenville i break out the bumbershoot...
wabbit

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Lately, its a Kimber Tactical Custom II (8+1, along w/ 2 spare mags) loaded with Winchester Ranger-T 230gr +P. BUG is a Ruger LCR .38 (5-shot J-frame) loaded with Corbon DPX 110gr +P.

Still waiting for Winchester to put out T-series bullets in .38+P.

smlawrence

Revised - OC Springfield XDm 40 with Hornady Critical Defense, CC my new(to me) Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. I haven't chosen a carry ammo for it yet.

WTFOVER

Glock 30 .45 with 200gr +p Gold Dots. And as of Yesterday, a Springfield XDM 3.8" 9mm, I'll either be carrying Winchester T-Series 147gr, or the Federal HST 147gr

jag06

G21, with Winchester Ranger 230 grain .45 acp. Added Trijicon night sights about a month ago to my G21. I have shot a lot of different handguns over the years, but this one sure is my favorite.

Chief1297

I split my carry between a Ruger SP-101, hammerless, .357, with PDX1 winchester, 158 gr ammo, with one reload in a speed loader and a Rock Island Compact, 45 cal, winchester 230 gr PDX1 ammo with an extra Mag. My decision to carry what is based on perceived threat (large crowds, activity, etc.).

The ruger is lighter and I am more proficient with a revolver so I feel more comfortable with it. I still consider myself in a learning mode with the 1911 platform but I also have a S&W 1911 Full size (same ammo as the Rock) that pulls bedside duties only.

sigarmsguy

Springfield XD .45 5''. With Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr.

13 + 1 in the pipe, and 2 mags with 13 rounds each. Do the math, 40 rounds of hate for anyone that wants to hurt me or my family.

I carry the 4" version the same way in a Serpa holster. Plus whatever knife I laid my hand on first. I would like to switch to my thigh rig, due to the cold, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle. Some LEO is likely to be called and give me some crap about GAttTotP and ruin my good mood.

Last edited:

michaelleal01

Carry

I carry my Springfield XdM 3.8" 9mm with 115gr Hornady Critical Defense 19+1 !!! in the XdM factory holster. I am looking for a better open carry holster, does anyone know what is a good fit for 3.8 in??

sigarmsguy

I carry my Springfield XdM 3.8" 9mm with 115gr Hornady Critical Defense 19+1 !!! in the XdM factory holster. I am looking for a better open carry holster, does anyone know what is a good fit for 3.8 in??

The SERPA is ultimately always going to be my first choice for open carry. The XD compact model will fit your XDM perfectly. If you don't like that one, the Fobus SP-11 would be a good fit. The Fobus is only level 1 retention, though. 5.11 has a thumb drive retention holster with many configuration options as well. Leather is always an option also. In my opinion, it's better suited for concealed carry. It's all personal preference, really. What suits your wardrobe and style of carry? How much are you willing to spend on a good holster, and an equally good belt?