• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hard Drive Shortage

Jack House

What the hell? I look away for a second and all of a sudden HDDs are x4 the cost! :uhoh:

Redbaron007

Could be timed; however, I've been reading about for quite awhile. Plus, it is said the demand is also up. :eek:

protias

The floods in Thailand are the cause, it's effecting a few industries. They produce quite a few things there.

This has to be repeated. I've been paying attention to prices for several years and in the last month, they have tripled. Why? Because of the flooding!

Fallschirjmäger

(Sigh) I was talking to my brother and he'd purchased a 3TB external drive for <$100. I RAN down to the store and the least I could find was just under $200.
You'd think Family would look out for one another and he'd pick up one for me at the same time, wouldn't you, but noooooo.

DangerClose

(Sigh) I was talking to my brother and he'd purchased a 3TB external drive for <$100. I RAN down to the store and the least I could find was just under $200.
You'd think Family would look out for one another and he'd pick up one for me at the same time, wouldn't you, but noooooo.

I told my brother Staples or whoever was going to have the 3tb for $99 on Black Friday. "That's nice." Then on Black Friday I tell him it's available to buy right now. "That's nice." Then a week later he tells me he needs a big drive and can't find any deals and doesn't remember me telling him about the $99 one. :banghead: