• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wa cpl holder/ Oregon travel

briehl12

Hey please forgive me as I am new to here. I have a Wa cpl and know it is not recognised in Oregon. I will traveling to Oregon next week and wonder what the oc/cc laws are. I plan on bringing my piece for mine and my family safety, just do not want any trouble for an out of stater.... Thank you for you time and replies. :eek:

Judge.410

Ccw poor

Oregon honors no other CCW permits at this time, however they will issue permits to residents of states that border Oregon. I live in OR. now but just moved back from Nevada. I have a Nevada permit and an Oregon permit, but what makes me legal to carry concealed in Wash. State is my non-resident Fla. permit. Crazy but thats what it takes for me to be legal when I travel most of the West. Check Union County in N.E. Oregon, Pro-gun , very nice sheriff. Good Luck!
Idaho and Montana are GOOD! kalifonia....forget it!

WHEN A MAN LOSES EVERY THING.......THEN HE LOSES IT! " SEMPER PARATUS " (ALWAYS READY)

hermannr

In OR you can OC most anywhere without a permit, but you cannot conceal. OR does not recognize anyone elses CPL, only their own, so no CC.

There are some places (like Portland and Astoria) that say, without a permit, you cannot OC loaded. There is a funny little twitch to these loaded OC bans. It appears the OR legislature (and the local laws) say, you cannot OC load "without a permit from a government agency." Origon state law, and the local laws based on this state law, do not specify what a "governmental agency" is, but it is NOT specified as only an Oregon governmental agency.

Therefore: We have speculated that a WA permit would cover you for loaded OC in those places with loaded OC Bans because of this "governmental agency" wording...

No-one has ever seen a court case of this, but if you look in the treads here you will find one thread on a WA man that OC'd in Astoria, being arrested for loaded OC. No charges were ever filed, he got his weapon back, etc...anyway...read the thread.