• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Experiences in Lorain and Cuyahoga Counties

Keith-

Can anyone talk about their open carry experiences in any of the cities in Lorain or Cuyahoga Counties?

With both the citizens and the police departments?

Any known open carry friendly police departments?

Thanks.

ADulay

Keith,

Although I haven't lived in Ohio for many years, my brother still lives there and when I've visited, I have open carried in Cuyahoga and Lorain counties.

Most of the open carry time was on the west side of Cleveland and most of Fairview Park. A couple of trips out to the Elyria area and you've got the extent of my open carry range!

Never had any problems in any of the fast food type restaurants (McD's, BK, etc) and evidently nobody called the local police with a MWAG complaint.

Obviously these were summer trips as I'd be concealed nicely during winter.

Although I've been stopped for open carry in Florida (where I live) at least three times, on all occasions, I was left to go on my way and still open carrying. The rules in Florida are a bit strange, but workable for me.

I never had any contact with the local PD in Ohio while open carrying.

AD