Thread: Question on laws and such

Question on laws and such

Been here a ways back now back on. I am in Wv. and my friend lives in Walker Co. GA.

For near 30+ years she has been afraid of guns. This summer I finally got her to shoot. She fell in love and I gave her a nice .38 special.

What I am looking for are the GA. state laws for CCW permit. She travels a lot between states. From Ga. to Va. Wy. and Kansas. Now I know not all states have reciprocity but at least she is finally carrying and comfortable with a forearm and wants a CCW also.

Thanks for the help !

ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Welcome to the forum!

And...keep up the good work of introducing your friends to the pleasures of firearm ownership.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

I hope you went through an FFL when you gave her the gun as interstate transfers of handguns by individuals are prohibited by federal law.

She would need to pick up at least one non resident license (Arizona would do nicely.) Check out http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and do a "Create License Map"

Georgia does not have a "CCW". Concealment is not required and a license is required for both CC and OC.

Thanks All. If I can ask by looking at the law she does not need an NRA certificate then? Is Walker Co. hard to get a license in ?
    Once again thanks.

HANNST:

Q: ... [I]s Walker County 'Hard' to [Obtain a Permit] in...?

A: NO! Georgia Code 16-11-173 provides for Uniform Firearms Laws throughout Georgia, and, therefore; The Walker County Probate Court Judge HAS to Issue a Georgia Weapons Carry License for any Person who Qualifies for such License Pursuant to Georgia Code 16-11-129.

Georgia, like West Virginia, is a 'Shall-Issue' Jurisdiction.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 12-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.