• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More from Milwaukee's Chief Flynn

HandyHamlet

Milwaukee sounds like a true Police State to me....

Well, here are the criminals with badges ensuring there is no 1st A in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee police arrest FOX6 photojournalist at the scene of house fire
Moments leading to arrest caught on camera

Myra Sanchick FOX6 Reporter

1:40 p.m. CDT, September 21, 2011
WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE —

Milwaukee police arrest a FOX6 News photojournalist at the scene of a house fire on the city's north side Sunday night. The arrest came after a confrontation between a Milwaukee police sergeant and the photojournalist.

FOX6 News Photojournalist Clint Fillinger went to the scene of a house fire near 27th and Townsend late Sunday. He was shooting video behind yellow police tape alongside a small crowd that gathered to watch.

At that time, Fillinger says a Milwaukee police sergeant singled him out. He says the sergeant came at him quickly. Fillinger put up his hand in a defensive move and touched the sergeant. Fillinger was then knocked to the ground, handcuffed and arrested.
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110920-fox6-photojournalist-arrested,0,6130946.story

Here is the video he was shooting.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110927-before-clint-fillinger-arrest,0,4983437.story

And here is the Philanderer Flynn claiming it was the camera man's fault. If you can stomach watching the tw*t waffle. The camera man? 68 years old and been shooting for 45 years. "I was shocked. All of a sudden I'm on the ground. My Camera is on the ground." At least we know Flynn was not lying. His troops will put anyone on the ground.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110921-flynn-clint-reaction,0,7386177.story

So, with evidence there is no Constitutional rights under Flynn's watch, "Police State" in unfortunately what we have in Milwaukee.

DangerClose

Good timing on the Milwaukee fire thing. I emailed Governor Walker just the other day about a couple things and also mentioned how Flynn runs a police department that doesn't respect the law.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Now Milwaukee news media know how lawful gun owners feel with "prone em!!" Flynn in charge of the City's para-military force.

MKEgal

Flipper said:
Now Milwaukee news media know how lawful gun owners feel with "prone em!!" Flynn in charge of the City's para-military force.
Maybe with press attention, things will change.

Just to be clear (and I hope I don't get the arresting officers in trouble with their boss for saying this), but I was not put on the ground, etc., as the Chief instructed his "troops" to do in that very public & much-linked-to news conference.

hermannr

Maybe you should get a federal probe going, like has been going on in Seattle (now the foreign Mayor and COP say they are going to re-write their police policy and procedures...don't hold your breath) and has been requested for Spokane.

If there is an inordinate amount (as per the article) of minority stops/ rights trampled/ the feds love to get into it. One good thing for us with a federal probe, if you have your rights trampled afterwards, you have ammunition to up the federal civil suit anty for teh "punitive damages"...that is,,,the department/governmental orginization did not change, and they need to be punished severly enough to actually gets their attention.