Thread: Cocealed Carry Weapons ?

Cocealed Carry Weapons ?

So, witha CCW license, How big of a knife can we CC? Can we have a knife like Crocodile Dundee?
    Also, as weapons, can we CC just knives, tasers, guns, and billy clubs? What about other weapons?

oscar

Knife length is no longer an issue, electric devices, and firearms.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer View Post
    So, witha CCW license, How big of a knife can we CC? Can we have a knife like Crocodile Dundee?
    Also, as weapons, can we CC just knives, tasers, guns, and billy clubs? What about other weapons?

oscar
    Please read the CCW FAQ document on the DOJ Concealed Carry website page. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

It will explain this (on page - 25 - ) and many other questions you will have.

You need to be 21 and older to get this license.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    I don't know if you know him or it was just a slap in the face but it made me chuckle anyway.

I'm just guessing here but if he knows who Crocodile Dundee is he's probably over 21...

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    Please read the CCW FAQ document on the DOJ Concealed Carry website page. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

It will explain this (on page - 25 - ) and many other questions you will have.

Oh I got it.

So I guess ninja weapons are out?

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    as long as you dont go into a place that says no weapons then length does matter i know in reedsburg they have a blade length ordinance of 4 inches and there are plenty of places in reedsburg that post no weapons

thanks reedsburg PD
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Another Gray Area...?????

Snip...

protias
    And....

oliverclotheshoff
    ...as long as you dont go into a place that says no weapons then length does matter i know in reedsburg they have a blade length ordinance of 4 inches and there are plenty of places in reedsburg that post no weapons

thanks reedsburg PD
    I also have heard Milwaukeee has a 3" blade length ordinance (not sure if it is city or county or both)..

So which has president.. State with no mention of length or local that mandate certain blade length..????

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Snip...

And....

I also have heard Milwaukeee has a 3" blade length ordinance (not sure if it is city or county or both)..

So which has president.. State with no mention of length or local that mandate certain blade length..????

Outdoorsman1
    State law wins on this one. The WI CWL (or out of state CWL) lets us carry the knife of our choice.
    Oliverclotheshoff is also correct, if a sign is posted "no weapons" you would have to follow the local 3" size limit (any longer would be a weapon in the eyes of the law).
    I'm no lawyer, but it looks clear to me.
    I am also sure others will correct me if I am wrong.

I'm wondering about those telescoping "police" type ASP batons.
    Are they legal to order~posess~carry with a CWL ?
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Those ASP batons are considered a billy club, per the law.

Auric put it rather well in the class he taught last month when he said "Nobody is going to interpret 'billy club' to be a long wooden bludgeon with either a cross-bar or a length of cord to twirl it with."

I will point out that isn't a direct quote, but roughly what he stated.

What about an aproximate 12" flexible peice of heavy rubber hose with a peice of heavy lead in one end all wrapped in leather with a leather wrist band ...????? Billy Club...???

Just askin.....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 12-05-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    State law wins on this one. The WI CWL (or out of state CWL) lets us carry the knife of our choice.
    Oliverclotheshoff is also correct, if a sign is posted "no weapons" you would have to follow the local 3" size limit (any longer would be a weapon in the eyes of the law).
    I'm no lawyer, but it looks clear to me.
    I am also sure others will correct me if I am wrong.
    Careful in places that don't have a length law and it's just no weapons allowed. "Oh, you have a keychain-size multi-tool on you? That looks like a weapon to me...."

I assume you'd need a CCL for such areas to be completely free of harassment.

Herr Heckler Koch

Be careful! Wisc. Stats. 941.24 was not repealed, a switchblade is not a "weapon."

Quote Originally Posted by Wisc. Stats.
    941.24 Possession of switchblade knife. (1) Whoever manufactures, sells or offers to sell, transports, purchases, possesses or goes armed with any knife having a blade which opens by pressing a button, spring or other device in the handle or by gravity or by a thrust or movement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (2) Within 30 days after April 16, 1959, such knives shall be surrendered to any peace officer.
    Here's my CRKT M16 pocket knife in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t_-dK1Xhg90