Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: ALERT: National Defense Authorization Act

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Medford, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    125

    ALERT: National Defense Authorization Act

    ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1119473.html )This bill can cause serous harm to the open carry movement and our liberty's, when the military and other official can detain anyone indefinitely without trial.

    I recommend you all, that stand up for our RIGHTS, to call your Senator and give them a piece of your thoughts.

    http://www.campaignforliberty.org/pr...tion-americans

    Mike Crapo and James E. Risch has voted for this NDAA, but not Senate Amendment (SA) 1126 would "clarify" Section 1031 to explicitly state within the section that the authority of the military to detain persons without trial until the end of hostilities does not apply to American citizens.

    Please call them and tell them otherwise.

  2. #2
    Regular Member vermonter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    341
    "The Senate voted Tuesday to keep a controversial provision to let the military detain terrorism suspects on U.S. soil and hold them indefinitely without trial -- prompting White House officials to reissue a veto threat"

    So in this case Obama defends our consititutional rights! Thats 2 for him, the other was signing National Park Carry. We'll see how he does on the National Reciprocity Bill IF it hits his desk. It has passed the Congress and is now off to the Republican Senate. If they don't sign on it we know what side they are on.

    We are coming up on 4 years and OB has not been the big anti-gunner predicted by the hard core right. Bush did less for us. The only he did was let the AWB sunset and sign a law prohibiting FEDERAL confiscation during emergencies. He passed National carry for LE's, but not for law abiding citizens....

    Still voting for Ron Paul though.......

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    Both Mike Crapo and Jim Risch voted "Nay" on 1540.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    First they massacred Branch Davidians in Waco Siege,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Davidian.

    Then they created OKC bombing, tried to get a Patriot act,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn't want to offend the Feds.

    Then they created 911 attack to get the Patriot Act and war,
    and I didn't speak out because I am not a muslim.

    Now they come for US citizens with military Authorization Act,
    and I didn't speak out because I am not a terrorist.

    Then when they prison you as a terrorist,
    and there is no law to protect you because you have given up all your civil rights already.

  5. #5
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    First they massacred Branch Davidians in Waco Siege,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Davidian.

    Then they created OKC bombing, tried to get a Patriot act,
    and I didn't speak out because I didn't want to offend the Feds.

    Then they created 911 attack to get the Patriot Act and war,
    and I didn't speak out because I am not a muslim.

    Now they come for US citizens with military Authorization Act,
    and I didn't speak out because I am not a terrorist.

    Then when they prison you as a terrorist,
    and there is no law to protect you because you have given up all your civil rights already.
    The funny thing is you wrote this and your location is California, I didn't think you had any rights in California.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Medford, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by vermonter View Post
    "The Senate voted Tuesday to keep a controversial provision to let the military detain terrorism suspects on U.S. soil and hold them indefinitely without trial -- prompting White House officials to reissue a veto threat"

    So in this case Obama defends our consititutional rights! Thats 2 for him, the other was signing National Park Carry. We'll see how he does on the National Reciprocity Bill IF it hits his desk. It has passed the Congress and is now off to the Republican Senate. If they don't sign on it we know what side they are on.

    We are coming up on 4 years and OB has not been the big anti-gunner predicted by the hard core right. Bush did less for us. The only he did was let the AWB sunset and sign a law prohibiting FEDERAL confiscation during emergencies. He passed National carry for LE's, but not for law abiding citizens....

    Still voting for Ron Paul though.......
    Actually, Obama sign NDAA into law on December 31, 2011 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...scal_Year_2012

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    National Defense Authorization Act (1/2/2012)

    The Gift of New Year 2012 President Obama gives Americans is a new law that ripped their civil right – NDAA.
    1. It is a stealth raid on people.

    The Act was proposed in later November, quickly passed by the Senate and the House during the Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas season. It was signed by President on New Year’s Day Eve. It was a typical military style - a stealth attack on civil rights taking the advantage when people were relaxing their vigilance in holiday season.

    2. So said mainstream media kept a tight mouth on this important issue. Blind the eyes of a lot of people.

    3. Majority of law makers and the President passed the Act. It proves the “politicians” don't represent the voice of the people. It also proves the election system has been hijacked by the intelligence already. The so said representatives are not elected by the voters but selected by the rulers of this country.

    4. Beware the Feds to turn the US into a “battle field” so they could eliminate the dissenters. It’s easy for them to do so – just plant a few provocateurs in Occupy Wall Street Movement.

    5. War on Iran is their major goal. With great possibility, there will be false flag nuclear attacks on US cities to justify the Iran war. Most people realize the truth of the 911 attack. This law is created to deal with the people who won’t believe this government anymore when such “terror attack” happens again.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention.

    Merry Christmas, US Senateby Ralph LopezFollow .
    .Sun Dec 25, 2011 at 01:33 PM PST.
    UPDATE 12/26/2011:


    This is from a statement from Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers regarding Republican Denny Rehberg as a target of recall, who also voted for NDAA.

    Here in Montana, while we will go after all three violators of the Bill of Rights, I will place special emphasis and "focus of effort" on Denny Rehberg, since he is so fond of wrapping himself in the flag and claiming to be defending the Constitution while his votes do the exact opposite. In that sense, Rehberg is much like John McCain and Lindsey Graham, two Republicans who, right along with Carl Levin and Joseph Lieberman, are leading a sustained and relentless assault on our Bill of Rights.
    Moving quickly on Christmas Day after the US Senate voted 86 - 14 to pass the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA) which allows for the indefinite military detention of American citizens without charge or trial, Montanans have announced the launch of recall campaigns against Senators Max Baucus and Jonathan Tester, who voted for the bill.

    Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...mas,-US-Senate

  9. #9
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    .

    Then they created OKC bombing...


    Then they created 911 attack to get the Patriot Act and war...

    One question: who's "they"?
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    One question: who's "they"?
    Why, they is they. Everybody who has any paranoia and a little tinfoil knows that!

    Actually, he's been cluttering up the forum with such commentary. Just check his post history.

    In his defense, even nutcases can possess facts. But, if he does have facts, I wish he'd present it better and on-topic.

    Alternatively, I can't help but wonder if he is a plant meant to make OCers look bad. "Look what they post on their forum! Their crazy!"
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Why, they is they. Everybody who has any paranoia and a little tinfoil knows that!
    Wanna know what they say?

    Then dial 1-800-They-Say

    (Couldn't resist that! )
    I open carry because if a bad guy attacks me anyway, I am best prepared to respond appropriately, with minimal fuss, and my bearing of a firearm is not infringed by having to lift my shirt, pull back my jacket, or unzip some pouch. Forcing people to carry concealed is an infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    3
    Thought I would pass this along...NRA news media


    Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term

    While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

    "All that first term, lip service to gun owners is just part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and hide his true intentions to destroy the Second Amendment during his second term," he said.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Joev View Post
    Thought I would pass this along...NRA news media


    Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term

    While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

    "All that first term, lip service to gun owners is just part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and hide his true intentions to destroy the Second Amendment during his second term," he said.
    Is this supposed to be news?

    Hey, I got one for you: the sun rose this morning.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    One question: who's "they"?
    They = Feds = D.O.D., D.O.J.
    ---------------

    Washington Republicans want to repeal NDAA
    By The Stranger February 3, 2012

    Reps. Jason Overstreet, Matt Shea, Vincent Buys, Cary Condotta and David Taylor, all Republicans, have introduced HB 2759, or the Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act. With the bill, the lawmakers aim to tackle the NDAA provisions that make American citizens on par with al-Qaeda terrorists in terms of making anyone in the US eligible for stay at the Guantanamo Bay military prison.

    http://pcrcollective.org/?p=740
    Last edited by katsung47; 02-22-2012 at 05:47 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    ! Time to get out my Tin Foil !


    Huh... you edited out the complete history about how 9-11 was set up by our government....
    Last edited by carracer; 02-22-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Katsungs previous post edited

  16. #16
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    If you have any tin foil left, please pass it on down to me.

    I need one of those hats.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Is this supposed to be news?

    Hey, I got one for you: the sun rose this morning.
    I guess that's your 1st ammendment right.....

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Joev View Post
    I guess that's your 1st ammendment right.....
    What's that supposed to mean?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote

    Posted by Michael Boldin

    Today, the Virginia Senate took a firm stand in support of liberty, the Constitution for the United States, and the Constitution of Virginia by voting in favor of House Bill 1160 (HB1160), the “NDAA Nullification Act.”

    The final vote was 39-1.

    After a motion to recommit (delay until next year) went down to the wire before being rejected yesterday (report here), groups across the political spectrum activated in support of the legislation, which codifies in law that no agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia – including defense forces and national guard troops, will comply with or assist the federal government in any way under it’s newly claimed powers to arrest and detain without due process.

    http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012...oof-39-1-vote/

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    Obama sued over indefinite detention and torture of Americans act
    17 January, 2012, 02:28

    US President Barack Obama is the target of a suit filed by Pulitzer Prize-winner Hedges, and the reasoning seems more than obvious to him. The decision to take the commander-in-chief to court comes as a response to President Obama’s December 31 signing of the National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA, a legislation that allows the US military to detain American citizens indefinitely at off-site torture prisons like Guantanamo Bay.

    Obama amended the NDAA with a signing statement on New Year's Eve, insisting that while the Act does indeed give him the power to detain his own citizens indefinitely without charge, that doesn’t mean he will do so. Specifically, Obama wrote that his administration “will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens.” Under another piece of legislation, however, the government is being granted the right to suspend citizenship of any American if the Enemy Expatriation Act joins the ranks of the NDAA as an atrocious act approved by the president.

    http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-hedges-ndaa-sued-933/

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    220
    Ron Paul Demands Repeal of NDAA in Post-Primary Speech

    Posted by clnews Thursday, February 2nd, 2012

    http://consciouslifenews.com/ron-pau...peech/1124191/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •