• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was told I was stupid for supporting open carry at the gun store Las Vegas

28kfps

I've been in there a few times. I do believe some of the "clerks" employed there are also off duty "police officers." Might be wrong on that account but I think someone pointed that out to me at one of my visits there. If true, and the "clerk" you encountered was a "police officer," I can see why he told you that you were stupid. All my encounters with police here in the Vegas area is that they do believe OCers are showoffs and that it is "stupid" to OC... in their "professional" opinion. Screw them !!!!!

What would be great is if the ones of LEO group that may believe OCers are showoffs was able to send a representative to one of our lunch outings and meet up with some of the open carriers. It would be very clear showoff is not on the majority of the OCers agenda.

drdcup

So the Gun Store owners name is Bob Irwin, He produces a mixed bag of misinformation and propagates it through the news and over the counter of his store. We know this because of years of repeated misinformation and lies, I also have sat in a CCW class and personaly experienced the "visible from 3 sides" BS as well as numerous other "gems" They appear to be from this one source. Here is the path of questioning my mind takes:

Do all of Bob's employees send this same messege year after year, by thinking independantly? Could it be Bob that is The initiator? (OR)

Is Bob simply the puppet for the status Quo? He told me on the phone that he is close personal friends with our "anti gun" Sheriff, and they "talk shop" quite often. This brings up the question, Is he doing what he is told? If not, Why does his rhetoric match METRO's propaganda?

Is the NFA a Tool to get the misinformation back under control for the sheriff?

How is it the owner of a gun store, and VP of a gun rights ORG. becomes "good friends with a Sheriff who gets an F with the NRA, and berlieves in Katrina style gun confiscation.

Out of all the patriots in our valley, what makes Bob Irwin the best choice for a position in a "gun rights organization?

Does Bob or his business recieve "special treatment" for echoing the Sheriffs message?
If not why wouldn't he strive to make his reputation more credible with the gun owners in the valley? I believe that he has had much of his misinformation pointed out to him, inspite of this he continues.

He also has an AM radio program I think once a week on Sunday evenings and is now running for office.

Last edited:

ed2276

What would be great is if the ones of LEO group that may believe OCers are showoffs was able to send a representative to one of our lunch outings and meet up with some of the open carriers. It would be very clear showoff is not on the majority of the OCers agenda.

Why do cops open carry then, and wear conspicuous uniforms while doing so? It must be to show off! What is it that they are trying to show off, that they are intimidating and have the means to use force and violence?

There is no open carry person on these boards that I know who has it in mind to use force or violence against anyone, let alone steal another person's money, harass them, or throw them in a cage. Cops open carry every day with those goals in mind. So, why is it that cops open carrying are considered to be virtuous and protectors of the public, but we are looked on with suspicion by the public as somehow being a threat to their peace and safety?