• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need box of 50BMG - JUST the box

Metalhead47

I'm trying to set up a gag gift for my wife for Christmas. Anyone have the box & packing from a stack of .50BMG shells in good condition?

If someone has the shipping box from an ACTUAL Barrett .50 cal rifle that'd be awesome too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalhead47

This sounds like something you need to film.

Sorry I can't help you, but I'd love to see it on youtube ;)

Lol I'm tempted to, if I can actually pull this off. The part where she brains me with something heavy for convincing her I just spent 10 grand on a gun when I'm getting laid off in a couple months would be particularly amusing. :shocker:

Haven't checked with Barrett. I don't know if the shipping box would even say anything. Hell, for all I know, at that price the rifle is hand delivered by the playmate of the month.

Ironbar

You must be very young. Otherwise you'd know from experience that wives are not amused over stupid gags like the one you've envisioned.

And since you're probably going to go through with it anyway, I'll tell you also that they don't like to be called to the bathroom to look at the giant dump you just took.

Merry Christmas.

SovereignAxe

You must be very young. Otherwise you'd know from experience that wives are not amused over stupid gags like the one you've envisioned.

And since you're probably going to go through with it anyway, I'll tell you also that they don't like to be called to the bathroom to look at the giant dump you just took.

Merry Christmas.

one of these things...is not like the other.

slowfiveoh

Merry Christmas.

Although women are like the many flowers of nature, all having the scent, beauty and character that each of us are individually particular to, I am quite happy that mine possesses an enriched sense of humor that ranges from appreciating the lewd to the complicated.

Metalhead47

Merry Christmas.

Wow dude. You know absolutely jack squat about me, my wife, or exactly what I have planned and yet you feel the need to berate me. I considered a nasty response to your childish tirade but instead I just reported it to the mods. I think your immature comments about my relationship with my wife speak far more about you and yours.

My wife loves trucks, guns, and Legos. She has to be bribed to go shopping for herself, insists we get another motorcycle next spring, and generally enjoys my traditional gift-giving scheming.

Personally, i think I married well.

So nyah :p

Anyways, back on topic, anyone got a box of 50's?

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Wow dude. You know absolutely jack squat about me, my wife, or exactly what I have planned and yet you feel the need to berate me. I considered a nasty response to your childish tirade but instead I just reported it to the mods. I think your immature comments about my relationship with my wife speak far more about you and yours.

Just ignore that user. Almost all of that user's posts are trollish and he/she seems to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude.

I think what you are trying to plan is freaking awesome.

Anyway, I do the same thing to my wife. I put gifts in huge boxes that advertise something totally different, and possibly more awesome, than what's in them. I LMAO every time. She pulls the same crap on me.

Last edited:

09jisaac

Just ignore that user. Almost all of that user's posts are trollish and he/she seems to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Anyway, I do the same thing to my wife. I put gifts in huge boxes that advertise something totally different, and possibly more awesome, than what's in them. I LMAO every time. She pulls the same crap on me.

I think that Ironbar is the only one that don't. Giving gifts are fun, giving gifts that takes a day or two to unwrap is hilarious.

I don't know if the plan is "freaking awesome" but it will be priceless.

OP: I don't know your wife either (I don't think) but I am sure she would have a heart attack if she thought you went out and dropped 8k on a gun without talking to her about it 1st. (Especially if a playmate delivers it.):monkey < You have to use something like this on here or else everyone thinks you're an @$$hole.

okboomer

Metalhead, if you can't get one in hand, maybe you can get a photo of one and have a graphic designer friend mock one up for you ... after all, it's the thought that counts :banana:

BTW - my old man generally buys me power tools for christmas and birthday :lol:

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Metalhead, if you can't get one in hand, maybe you can get a photo of one and have a graphic designer friend mock one up for you ... after all, it's the thought that counts :banana:

BTW - my old man generally buys me power tools for christmas and birthday :lol:

Heh, I think it'd be more cost effective at that point to just buy an actual box of shells.:(

since9

Campaign Veteran
I LMAO every time. She pulls the same crap on me.

So long as it's mutual, or at least well-appreciated, I see no harm with his idea.

Speaking of which... Has the OP tried the local Army Surplus store? Ours has a couple of empty .50 cal boxes for sale. While they probably don't have the original packaging, perhaps you could find some realistic images online, print them out, and make it realistic.

PistolPackingMomma

LOL, this Christmas is going to be interesting...;)

OP, if you can't get your hands on what you want, could you mock up a receipt or fake credit card statement? Probably not as much fun as the box though...

09jisaac

LOL, this Christmas is going to be interesting...;)

OP, if you can't get your hands on what you want, could you mock up a receipt or fake credit card statement? Probably not as much fun as the box though...

GREAT IDEA!!!

OP, you should fake a receipt for it, let her "find" it, act like you don't have a clue what is going on, and THEN get a barret for christmas.

It don't matter if your wife enjoys it. We would enjoy hearing the story of how all this went down.

Metalhead47

Naw, anything like faking a receipt or the box she'll see right through. Need. The box to hide something in. Even planning to ballast it with some scrap metal so it weighs as much as an actual box o shells. I plan to make the rounds to the local gun shops at some point to see what I can come up with. If I absolutely have to buy the durn thing, so be it...

... But c'mon, with all the gun nuts on here SOME one's gotta shoot 50's!

Ironbar

What, you didn't know? I am holier than thou! Now go forth and perform good works on thine '83 Camaro on cinder blocks.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Hijack...

Only Camaro I ever had in my garage was a 2000, it was my wife's and it was a v-sux.

I've had many of LS1 cars, though. Non were on jack stands or blocks unless there was some mods going on.

Guess you could say this was my latest jackstand queen, as it always had new go fast goodies going on it. Vid:

Last edited: