Thread: Victory!

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Thumbs up Victory!

Mrs. Plankton and I have spent a portion of nearly every Saturday at the Monona Walmart Supercenter. For over 2 years, our routine consists of pulling into the underground lot and having lunch at Subway. This Subway is located in the atrium downstairs; the Walmart is just an escalator ride upstairs. I have ALWAYS OC'd at this Subway, and then upstairs in Walmart. Last Saturday we arrived as usual, and entered for lunch. One of the female employees called the manager-looking guy over, and I saw her pointing me out to him. I quickly turn to look at the entrance; and there it was: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED". I walked right out to the atrium, and Mrs. plankton came out with our food (too late, she had already paid before I left). We decided to go back in, so we could at least have a place to sit and eat (I returned my firearm to our car first). We begrudgingly ate our food, and I said I would meet her upstairs, after I talked to who I believed to be the manager. I walked to the far side of the counter (empty holster), and he came over. It turns out, he is the OWNER of this resturant, and had made the decision to post. After a brief discussion with him, on the pros and cons of posting, I explained that the sign WILL keep LEGAL firearms carriers out, but not the element that he actually wanted out (criminals). He thought about what I had said, and replied: " I do not want to lose even ONE customer over this, you are correct about crimnals, and if you want me to take this sign down, I will." The place was getting busy and he had to excuse himself. I said: "I can take it down on my way out, I would like a souvenier". He told me to take it, and we shook hands and I said: "see you next Saturday". That piece of paper is now in my gun safe, away from anyone who could use it against us. VICTORY. One person at a time.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Mrs. Plankton and I have spent a portion of nearly every Saturday at the Monona Walmart Supercenter. For over 2 years, our routine consists of pulling into the underground lot and having lunch at Subway. This Subway is located in the atrium downstairs; the Walmart is just an escalator ride upstairs. I have ALWAYS OC'd at this Subway, and then upstairs in Walmart. Last Saturday we arrived as usual, and entered for lunch. One of the female employees called the manager-looking guy over, and I saw her pointing me out to him. I quickly turn to look at the entrance; and there it was: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED". I walked right out to the atrium, and Mrs. plankton came out with our food (too late, she had already paid before I left). We decided to go back in, so we could at least have a place to sit and eat (I returned my firearm to our car first). We begrudgingly ate our food, and I said I would meet her upstairs, after I talked to who I believed to be the manager. I walked to the far side of the counter (empty holster), and he came over. It turns out, he is the OWNER of this resturant, and had made the decision to post. After a brief discussion with him, on the pros and cons of posting, I explained that the sign WILL keep LEGAL firearms carriers out, but not the element that he actually wanted out (criminals). He thought about what I had said, and replied: " I do not want to lose even ONE customer over this, you are correct about crimnals, and if you want me to take this sign down, I will." The place was getting busy and he had to excuse himself. I said: "I can take it down on my way out, I would like a souvenier". He told me to take it, and we shook hands and I said: "see you next Saturday". That piece of paper is now in my gun safe, away from anyone who could use it against us. VICTORY. One person at a time.
    Now THIS is wayyyyyy sweeeettt!!! I am so jealous,... I want one too

Good job.

Well done.

Carry on.

SWEET. I OC in that walmart often...just never park underground, but may have to, and then eat at that subway! VERY COOL there Mr Plankton!

SWEET. I OC in that walmart often...just never park underground, but may have to, and then eat at that subway! VERY COOL there Mr Plankton!

Nicely done, and you got a nifty souvenir out of it

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    We park underground for weather (rain, snow, cold). And please bring your business to our new friend.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

awesome

Thumbs up Another great moment in american history!

Good job, I applaud your tenacity, boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Outstanding work Plankton. Now I have a reason to finally check that Walmart and Subway out. It is right across the beltline from work and I haven't been in there yet.

Thank you sir.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

Well played, sir.

Nice work!

Plankton: I'm adding you to my hero list. Well done.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    i wish more business owners would listen to the facts with an open mind like he did

sounds like a great experience well done sir
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

A "no guns allowed" sign in your gun safe? Isn't that like dividing by zero?

A Lesson to Be Learned

Your experience demonstrates that people should be checking for and aware of prohibiting signage, especially if it is a place where you have OC'd a lot in the past. It's still possible to engage the owner as you successfully did (a model for others to follow) but it's better not to risk ending up with a $1000 Spicy Italian on Asiago because you missed the sign. ---And please no advice from the peanut gallery on how to be wilfully ignorant of signs or how it's ok to blow past one that is a millimeter too small. It is juvenile and tacky behavior at best and isn't going to save you in court.

Well Done and thanks to the owner of that SubWay. I would go there but I like Cousins better and they have never Posted !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

We must also be aware of the verbage on the sign. There is no standard. Some say "No weapons allowed" some say "No firearms allowed" some say "Concealed carry not allowed" some say "Concealed weapons not allowed" some say "Concealed firearms not allowed" some say "No guns allowed" some just have a picture of a handgun with a circle and diagonal line. etc, etc, etc. They each can mean different things abd different consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Better than geocaching your hump off, only to find a balled-up snarl of twine & a twig in a plastic box...eh?
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Congratulations, I too can declare a victory today. Yesterday I stopped at a local strip mall to purchase some vitamins and protein mix. But found a "No Weapons" sign on the door. I called the store today asking to speak to the "manager". Got to talk to "Steve", who proceeded to explain to me that the "mall" clean up man went around to all businesses in the mall hanging up those signs. I explained to Steve that as the manager it is up to him to decide to post or not. Steve said he didn't know that, and mentioned to me while on the phone he was taking down that sign.

I told Steve that I would be stopping on me way home from work to spend some money.

A small victory, but still a victory.

JJC

Centurion

Not so small a Victory

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Congratulations, I too can declare a victory today. Yesterday I stopped at a local strip mall to purchase some vitamins and protein mix. But found a "No Weapons" sign on the door. I called the store today asking to speak to the "manager". Got to talk to "Steve", who proceeded to explain to me that the "mall" clean up man went around to all businesses in the mall hanging up those signs. I explained to Steve that as the manager it is up to him to decide to post or not. Steve said he didn't know that, and mentioned to me while on the phone he was taking down that sign.

I told Steve that I would be stopping on me way home from work to spend some money.

A small victory, but still a victory.

JJC
    Add these victories up, and they mean a great deal. It is because of people like you, and your willingness to stand up and do the right thing, that we are winning.

I applaud you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    explain to me that the "mall" clean up man went around to all businesses in the mall hanging up those signs. I explained to Steve that as the manager it is up to him to decide to post or not. Steve said he didn't know that, and mentioned to me while on the phone he was taking down that sign.
    if you're not in a hurry, stop by every one of the stores in the strip mall. ".....mall clean up man went around to all business in the mall hanging up those signs"...................WTF??? really???

No Guns = No Money

It will not take Wisconsin businesses too long before they realize that No Guns does really equal No Money from 2A loving citizens. +1 for each of the two victories mentioned above.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Congrat's to all who have reversed the anti-rights thoughts of even a few people.
    Baby steps.
    With calm, rational explanations of the law & monetary / legal consequences, we will keep advancing civil rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    ...the "mall" clean up man went around to all businesses in the mall hanging up those signs.
    Next question is, did he dream up the idea (in which case, his job may be in jeopardy), or was it the owner/operator of the property? (In which case, please educate them that they can't control the parts they've rented out, & try not to mention posting the property.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

So did you put that sign up in front of your house?

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Eating lunch here now and asked the manager to thank the owner for me. Came here specifically to give this place my business.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by PQ36 View Post
    Now THIS is wayyyyyy sweeeettt!!! I am so jealous,... I want one too

Good job.

Well done.

Carry on.
    A whole lot of THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911