Thread: Shootout aboard the Texas Eagle Amtrak Train

Shootout aboard the Texas Eagle Amtrak Train

DALLAS - A gunman was killed and two others, including an officer, were injured on Monday in a shooting on an Amtrak train.The incident happened sometime around 4 p.m. on the second level of the train while it was stopped at Union Station at 400 S. Houston in downtown Dallas.....

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/1-D...#ixzz1fiMoSeY5

A/N: I hope this is the correct sub-forum for this story and to be sarcastic: "Didn't he know all guns are to be locked and secured in the baggage car?"
    Last edited by TheGrabber; 12-05-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrabber View Post
    "Didn't he know all guns are to locked and secured in the baggage car?"
    Honest mistake. I can't fault the guy, its not his fault he forgot he had is gun and had to shoot people.

BTW, your link isn't working.

Oh, gosh! Am I a "gunman" simply because I respect our Constitution's Second Amendment which affords me the right to keep and bear arms???
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone
    Keep in mind that one bystander and one officer were shot before you read this quote.

"Preliminary findings indicate no gunshots were fired from the handgun brandished Monday afternoon by the suspect"
    From the story
    Wow.
    Wow that they were so stupid as to confront him like that,
    and wow that the police shot people other than the 'suspect',
    and wow that they didn't quash the report telling about their... um... errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

A passenger seated about five rows behind the suspect said there was little warning before the gunfire began. "I was looking down at my phone and all of the sudden I heard, 'Get off me; get off me,' and then 'pop, pop, pop, pop,'" Jonathan Beaubien told WFAA-TV of Dallas and Fort Worth. "I hit the ground and then ran off the train."
    Note the absence of "all the sudden I heard, 'POLICE!'". Hrm. Sounds like dude may have been afraid/aware of a robbery or police impersonators.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.