• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heat ramps up on Eric Holder

Dave Workman

Issa turns up heat on Holder as Judiciary hearing looms

Three days before he is scheduled to appear before the House Judiciary Committee, Attorney General Eric Holder came under intensified criticism by Rep. Darrell Issa as the California congressman announced he is launching an investigation of the Drug Enforcement Administration for alleged money laundering.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-up-heat-on-holder-as-judiciary-hearing-looms

since9

Campaign Veteran
"What goes around...comes around."

It will be interesting so see how this all turns out.

I hope this turns out with the House and Senate throwing him out of office, if not into jail, for the many violations of which he's been accused, more than a handful of which, by statistical analysis alone, strongly indicate his guilt.

I know our justice system doesn't operate on stats. However, where there's smoke, there's fire, and let's not forget his backside buddy all along, our dear friend, Barack Obama.

jbone

"What goes around...comes around."

It will be interesting so see how this all turns out.

When he is later convicted maybe Blagojevich and he could get on a cellmate buddy system.

Beretta92FSLady

The laundering operations that the United States conducts elsewhere — about 50 so-called Attorney General Exempt Operations are under way around the world — had been forbidden in Mexico after American customs agents conducted a cross-border sting without notifying Mexican authorities in 1998, which was how most American undercover work was conducted there up to that point.

So, it has been "forbidden?" Now, is there some law from 1998 that states that the DEA cannot do such things? I am sure that the DEA has been engaging in this behavior for decades, likely since the war on drugs was declared. Also, with regard to "exempt operations," proof that these types of things - money laundering, firearms traffic - are not a matter of legality, but rather, a matter of who has the Authority to deem such things as being 'legal' or 'not legal'. Come on people, this stuff is not rocket science.

I see Holder likely stepping down, and if he is charged with a crime (he should not be), he will be pardoned. It was a Republican - Nixon - who declared a war on drugs - purely a political move. You would think that the Republicans would be down with anything that has the word "war" in it.

In order to penetrate organizations like these (drug cartels), there is a lot of movement that has to go on, some of which, movement that is of the 'not legal' sort, that is deemed 'legal'. The legality of these things are deemed, they are not fundamental. Whether a thing is legal or not depends on whether the Authority views itself to have an interest in it, and what type of interest the Authority has leads to whether some thing is deemed 'legal' or 'not legal'.

Last edited:

gsx1138

I'd like to see all this culminate with the ATF and DEA being disbanded. I love seeing so called 'conservatives' get on their stump talking about getting rid of different federal agencies that liberals love but they continue to fail at mentioning these two agencies.

Dave Workman

Here's More!

Exclusive: Texas Rep. Poe: ‘F&F a ruse to go after U.S. gun sales’

Texas Congressman Ted Poe is convinced there is more to Operation Fast and Furious than just a monumental screw-up by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and he said so in an exclusive Monday afternoon interview with this column.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-rep-poe-f-f-a-ruse-to-go-after-u-s-gun-sales

hermannr

I have a hard time believeing no one has even hinted that Mr. "Under the radar" approved this himself. Everyone knows who knew, and when, why not go for the jugular and push this out in the open? The FBi, the ATF, the DEA and homeland security are all part of this...that cannot happen without the ultimate approval.

Last edited:

Deanimator

I have a hard time believeing no one has even hinted that Mr. "Under the radar" approved this himself. Everyone knows who knew, and when, why not go for the jugular and push this out in the open? The FBi, the ATF, the DEA and homeland security are all part of this...that cannot happen without the ultimate approval.
I'm convinced that Issa's a smart guy.

He's waiting until next year, when that information will have the most effect.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had that information the first month.