Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kinston NC cop shoots daughter...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Kinston NC cop shoots daughter...

    http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/...ction=comments

    He broke three of Jeff Coopers "4 Rules of Firearms Safety". Rules 2,3, and 4, to be exact...

    RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

    RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET


    Sounds like this "officer" is afraid of his own shadow. He probably just got home from the latest round of DHS training, and thought that Al-Quaida was breaking into his house, accompanied by a band of disgruntled returning Vet Patriot Tea Party Ron Paul supporters...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-06-2011 at 02:20 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  2. #2
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    I would venture to say that there is definitely more to this story than the tiny tidbit of info in the article.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  3. #3
    Regular Member bigl0af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/...ction=comments

    He broke three of Jeff Coopers "4 Rules of Firearms Safety". Rules 2,3, and 4, to be exact...

    RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

    RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET


    Sounds like this "officer" is afraid of his own shadow. He probably just got home from the latest round of DHS training, and thought that Al-Quaida was breaking into his house, accompanied by a band of disgruntled returning Vet Patriot Tea Party Ron Paul supporters...
    LOL nice

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Here's more:
    Shot was Raven Jones of Charlotte. She's in fair condition at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.

    Public Safety Director Bill Johnson says the officer thought he was home alone and went to investigate a suspicious noise he believed to be an intruder. Johnson says the officer encountered the victim in the home, was startled and accidentally fired one shot. Jones was hit in the lower leg.
    What happened to calling out and/or using a flashlight? I agree it sounds like there was something more going on.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  5. #5
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Here's more:


    What happened to calling out and/or using a flashlight? I agree it sounds like there was something more going on.
    Indeed.

    Even with the additional info you furnished, this just doesn't all add up. There has to be more to the story that somebody is not telling.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  6. #6
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670

    the comments under the story...

    are quite humorous...might wish to read those as well...

    wabbit

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Conover
    Posts
    237
    Of course there is more to the story.

    1. He is a cop.
    2. He is expertly trained with firearms.
    3. He is a cop.
    4. His personal home.
    5. He is a cop.
    6. He enforces the law.
    7. You get the point.
    His ego kicked in and he felt HOW DARE ANYONE BREAK INTO MY HOUSE, he would not give ANY intruder a chance.
    He was going to get the drop and KILL the person. To teach them a lesson. Just to bad he had his eyes closed before pulling the trigger.


    Not the first time and likely not the last.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1841845/posts

  8. #8
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    I was thinking more along the lines of an argument and his daughter is covering for him. Perhaps alcohol was involved. It just seems out of the question that an experienced carrier would shoot like that (and miss CoM as well).
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of an argument and his daughter is covering for him. Perhaps alcohol was involved. It just seems out of the question that an experienced carrier would shoot like that (and miss CoM as well).
    Nonsense.

    Most people think of Kinston as a sleepy little town when in fact its crime rate is 50% higer than the NC average. More than that when compared to the national average.

    And when you factor in Charlotte, Winston and a few others that means it is a pretty dangerous place.

    http://www.homesurfer.com/crimerepor...C&area=Kinston

    At 8:00PM it is pitch black dark and apparently he lives alone as there is no mention of his wife.

    As for me, I make it a point if I have to return to the house for something I forgot and it is dark, I call my wife on my cell so as not to alarm her.

    Yes, he was a little jumpy on the trigger, maybe. It also may be that he really intended to shoot his "burglar" but is ashamed to admit it.

    He should use a revolver. Autos are not his thing, apparently.

    Don't let the size of a town fool you. Burlington is close by and we get the crime news for Burlington and it never ceases to amaze me. Home invasions, robberies, etc., like you would not believe.

    We don't know what he has been through in the last few weeks. He may have a good reason to be jumpy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •