• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beware of the Newt

Trip20

Not to worry. Obama doesn't have much to do in his fight for a second term because the Republicans are beating themselves like a teenage boy.

HandyHamlet

Not to worry. Obama doesn't have much to do in his fight for a second term because the Republicans are beating themselves like a teenage boy.

Political theater at it's finest. Starring the best cartoon characters Corporations can buy.

Nothing ever changes. Especially the flavor of the kool aid.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Just out of curiosity, who do you view as the contender? Newt or Romney currently have the best chance of taking the nomination. The others are dropping like flies.

Anyone, i.e. Romney, who is a big buddy of "we'll prone anyone wearing a gun and sort it out later" Milwaukee police chief and admitted felon Ed Flynn will not get any support from Wisconsin gun owners.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

That's the problem with single issue voters, who WILL you vote for?

I will vote Constitution Party and whoever they support.

I will not vote for Obama's party. Will not vote for McCain's party. I will not vote for the liberaltarian party. If Obama is re-elected or one like him, tough, we can water the tree of liberty. I've got my fire-hose to draw the blood of tyrants.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I think that those that stick to the major, bought and paid for networks for their news are going to be pretty surprised by how well Ron Paul does in the early states. He’s polling 1[SUP]st[/SUP] or 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in Iowa within the margin of error and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] or 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in New Hampshire. I’m willing to bet he actually takes 1[SUP]st[/SUP] or a very close 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in Iowa. The worse the weather and lower the turnout the better because his supporters will show up no matter what. There are plenty of independents and disaffected anti-war democrats that are switching party affiliation to vote for RP in the primaries as well.

Ron also polls the best against Obama in Iowa and is pretty close in NH. In fact, I would argue that if RP doesn't win the nomination, Obama will be reelected for sure. Why? Ron has a national base of about 18% of which most won't vote for anyone else. They'll either write him in, or vote for him if he runs as an independent.

Ron’s the only one who has a track record of being a real conservative and not flip flopping on anything besides the death penalty. He’s the only one who doesn’t support the “Patriot” Act. He’s a fervent supporter of all civil liberties including the RKBA. The biggest beef mainstream republicans have with him is his foreign policy; which, oddly enough, is supported by our armed forces. They’ve contributed more to Ron Paul than all the other republican candidates COMBINED and more than Obama.

Newt is an establishment flip-flopping neocon who will say anything to get elected. The only other candidate I could support besides Ron Paul is Gary Johnson.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Don't want to get into politics here, but guess we are. Wish more focus would be on Jon Huntsman. Strong 2A, strong family values, great knowledge of China, which will the the world's greatest power if America continues on the path it is, two sons in the military, will appeal to the middle and therefore electible. Interestingly, he is not a high school graduate, but has a GED, but is a college graduate.

http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Huntsman/Gun-Control.php

bmwguy11

I definitely like ron paul. But I'll take gingrich too. Gingrich doesn't have a perfect record when it comes to 2A, but he did vote against crap like the brady bill/campaign.

Regardless, it is EXTREMELY important we do NOT get obama re-elected. No matter who the GOP picks (except for maybe romney since he is pro-gun-control), it would behoove gun owners to vote for the republican candidate in the presidential election. In case people were unaware, there is a lot of anti-gun stuff going on behind the scenes right now. Obama has been quiet at this point, however, things have been building. A couple times the true anti-gun nature of Obama and his administration has slipped out. However, here are important facts you must understand:

-Obama appointed 2 of the most liberal anti-gun supreme court justices ever. So much so, that they actually said that they saw nothing in the constitution that says citizens should be able to own guns. And they want to reverse DC vs Heller. Nevermind the fact that both of the people he appointed acted as if they were "middle of the road" on the 2nd amendment when questioned by congress.
-As such we currently have a 5-4 conservative pro-2A majority on the supreme court. If Obama is elected to another term, however, it is very likely another justice will retire (a couple of them will be in their 80's) and Obama will need to appoint yet another judge, causing the vote to swing to anti-2A.
-Hillary Clinton has told the UN that the U.S. will sign a small arms treaty that would drastically infringe upon our constitutional 2nd amendment right. Which means lawsuits would come forth to fight this, and guess who will ultimately decide that lawsuit? The aforementioned US supreme court.

It's also very likely we'll see more gun control coming from the Obama administration should they win a second term.

So, if you are a 2nd amendment supporter, not voting republican in the next election would be a huge disservice to our country. (And those reasons go way beyond just 2A, but you get what I'm saying)

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

So, if you are a 2nd amendment supporter, not voting republican in the next election would be a huge disservice to our country. (And those reasons go way beyond just 2A, but you get what I'm saying)

With respect, if we continue to support the current two party political theater we are doing ourselves, our country, Constitution, and the coming generations, a disservice. To put it mildly. It is time to end the corporate sellouts. On both sides.

Are you happy with the current state of the nation? 'Cause we have tried it your way for a long long time and it does not seem to be working. Understatement. Time to put the kool aid down.

Of the People, By the People, For the People

bmwguy11

With respect, if we continue to support the current two party political theater we are doing ourselves, our country, Constitution, and the coming generations, a disservice. To put it mildly. It is time to end the corporate sellouts. On both sides.

Are you happy with the current state of the nation? 'Cause we have tried it your way for a long long time and it does not seem to be working. Understatement. Time to put the kool aid down.

Of the People, By the People, For the People

If you want to discuss the general state of politics and the 2 major parties, start a new thread, since that's a digression to a much broader discussion.

I'm simply presenting you with the reality of the upcoming 2012 election. At this point in the game, either the GOP candidate or Obama will win, since there is not currently any "3rd party" tea party, libertarian, etc candidate who has even the most remote chance of winning. This is fact. If you choose to vote for neither, that's your choice, but you are only hurting the 2nd amendment by doing so.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Like Meals, Ready to Eat - three lies in one; not a meal, not ready and not edible

I've never been on a forum where the members call each other unflattering names.

Quite strange.
Not MILitary, not PROfessional and not just a GUY?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member