• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beware of the Newt

HandyHamlet

If you want to discuss the general state of politics and the 2 major parties, start a new thread, since that's a digression to a much broader discussion.

Hardly. The topic is the Newt. The Newt is the problem. Career thief and corporate shill. Making millions.

I'm simply presenting you with the reality of the upcoming 2012 election. At this point in the game, either the GOP candidate or Obama will win, since there is not currently any "3rd party" tea party, libertarian, etc candidate who has even the most remote chance of winning. This is fact. If you choose to vote for neither, that's your choice, but you are only hurting the 2nd amendment by doing so.

I think you are overlooking the obvious write in candidate.

McX for president.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

What we need is a unicameral goverment. One party, the people's party. Where bills are passed and decisions made on a simple majority vote based on the merits of an issue and not a vote dictated by political party loyalty. That may be only a wishful thought but what we do need is a houscleaning in both houses of congress. With it's popularity at 7% or better said with it's unpopularity at 93% something must change. The president is essentially a figurehead and a bunch of talk. Congress runs the show and the political party bosses run congress. With his hope turning to no hope Obama is finding out that the president has limited powers to make anything happen. If we want to fix things we must fix congress. If the voters have guts they can do it. South Dakota did it by firing Daschle we did it by firing Fiengold and also sending a message to Kohl that perhaps he should retire. The phrase we should be shouting from now till November is
"LETS FIX CONGRESS".

My Opinion.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Hardly. The topic is the Newt. The Newt is the problem. Career thief and corporate shill. Making millions.

I think you are overlooking the obvious write in candidate.

McX for president.

I'll second that nomination...

"Some have greatness thrust upon them;
others have it instilled at birth;
still others have grease under their fingernails"

Hip, hip; HOORAY!!!
View attachment 7563 :cool:

Last edited:

Archangel

Just out of curiosity, who do you view as the contender? Newt or Romney currently have the best chance of taking the nomination. The others are dropping like flies.
If Romney or Gingrich get the nomination we are doomed.

They Republicans as usual have no clue what it takes to pick a winning candidate.

DangerClose

I’m willing to bet he actually takes 1[SUP]st[/SUP] or a very close 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in Iowa. The worse the weather and lower the turnout the better because his supporters will show up no matter what. There are plenty of independents and disaffected anti-war democrats that are switching party affiliation to vote for RP in the primaries as well.

That was funny on Saturday's debate when both Perry and Romney and the news people afterwards gave Ron Paul credit on some things, one of which is having supporters who are always in full force at every debate, every campaign stop, and that if there's a blizzard on election day, there'll be a Ron Paul supporter with a car ready to drive you to the polls. :lol:

oak1971

Newt is a progressive statist. His interview with Glen Beck proved it. He's not ashamed of it and sees no problem with big government as long as HE is in charge of it. No thanks Newt.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
once again we will have to decide who is the lesser of the 2 evils....last time we had McCain & Obama BOTH were horrible choices with evil anti freedom agenda's. This time we will have 2 more LAME candidates that could careless about real freedom......everyone say's, it's fixable...if you don't like what they are doing VOTE them out......then we get more of the same the next time around.....if we vote 3rd party & split the vote 3 ways..we get 4 more years of Obama..Can't freeeeking win !!!! waiting for the BIG RESET.

Last edited:

j4l

Could be worse, really..

there's always the Eric Holder method..

waco21.gif

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

No, We don't have a choice of who runs for president and more often than not we end up voting for what we think is the lesser of two evils. At the expense of repeating myself ad naseum, It isn't the office of president that we should be obsessed with. It is congress that needs to change. As I said before the president has by intention of the constitution limited powers. The powers ar largely influence, pressure, veto, executive orders. It is congress that approves the annual budget, makes the laws, declares war and runs the country. It is congress that got us into this mess and the only way for us to get out of it is to get rid of those incompetents that only know backstabbing and party loyalty. There we do have a choice although we probably will ignore it as in the past. Sometimes we can be our own enemies. The overall country wide approval rate of congress is at 7%, the lowest in history, yet if you ask people what kind of job their representative an senator are doing 33% say their congress representatives are doing a good job. GO FIGURE. WE MUST FIX CONGRESS.

Lurchiron

once again we will have to decide who is the lesser of the 2 evils....last time we had McCain & Obama BOTH were horrible choices with evil anti freedom agenda's. This time we will have 2 more LAME candidates that could careless about real freedom......everyone say's, it's fixable...if you don't like what they are doing VOTE them out......then we get more of the same the next time around.....if we vote 3rd party & split the vote 3 ways..we get 4 more years of Obama..Can't freeeeking win !!!! waiting for the BIG RESET.

View attachment 7595 :cool:

Carryon

Briefly, to build on what was said about the supreme court, a vote for the current president does additional damage. The president appoints cabinet members that run the agencies and they get to interpret the laws. Much damage comes out of agencies.

There are many candidates running and you can influence the decision of the winner. You can make a difference by stopping an Obama second term.

The representative and senator you vote for votes on cabinet nominees, supreme court nominees as well. It is important to vote well at all levels.

Standing on the sideline while you absolutely do not want the incumbent is no benefit to the 2nd amendment.

With narrowing winning margins because there are closely divided political views in the population of the country it makes it hard for a candidate that you completely like to get to the head of the pack nationally. That is life now and the recent past. Take away a third party candidate and we would not have had Clinton, and we would have had Al Gore and John Kerry. Boil big issues down to simpler terms and it gets very easy to see repercussions of a vote or non-vote.

SovereignAxe

If you want to discuss the general state of politics and the 2 major parties, start a new thread, since that's a digression to a much broader discussion.

I'm simply presenting you with the reality of the upcoming 2012 election. At this point in the game, either the GOP candidate or Obama will win, since there is not currently any "3rd party" tea party, libertarian, etc candidate who has even the most remote chance of winning. This is fact. If you choose to vote for neither, that's your choice, but you are only hurting the 2nd amendment by doing so.

This is why I want Ron Paul. He's in the Republican party so he has a chance, but he's really a libertarian in a repub's clothing. So IMO, a vote for Ron Paul is a STEP towards breaking the two party system.

Kc.38

Last edited:

SovereignAxe