Thread: A Portrait of a Patriot

A Portrait of a Patriot

Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Well, this sure makes me feel like I don't do enough...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Well, this sure makes me feel like I don't do enough...
    I feel the same way about myself.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 12-06-2011 at 04:07 PM.

WOW. A gift from the Gods of Irony.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    WOW. A gift from the Gods of Irony.

this country is turning into a steaming pile of irony

here, here...

well said ollie...
    tks milpro...
    wabbit
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 12-06-2011 at 05:24 PM.

I never served, but I never bad mouth, or take the military for granted. I teach my kids to go up to service men or women whenever they see them and tell them thank you. If I see military personal having lunch I call the waitress and I'll pay there bill and I never tell them. these men and women are the best of the best of there generation, and just watching them and seeing what they do gives me hope for the future of my kids in our great country. They never get enough credit for anything, but yet I think they don't care if they do. But once again I'll say it "there the best of the best of there generation. And god bless them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn allergies...
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DonRow View Post
    I never served, but I never bad mouth, or take the military for granted. I teach my kids to go up to service men or women whenever they see them and tell them thank you. If I see military personal having lunch I call the waitress and I'll pay there bill and I never tell them. these men and women are the best of the best of there generation, and just watching them and seeing what they do gives me hope for the future of my kids in our great country. They never get enough credit for anything, but yet I think they don't care if they do. But once again I'll say it "there the best of the best of there generation. And god bless them all.
    You'll probably never know how much your kindness has touched the military folks that you have shown your appreciation to.

I commend you for the way you are bringing your children along to follow in your righteous footsteps.

God bless you, sir.

This is What a Patriot Looks Like

This is a fine tribute to our fine people in our military around the world. However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it, because he is the same person that sent a young LT.. in Nam up the river who was doing nothing wrong but following orders from north. This young LT. QUESTIONED THESE ORDERS, TO THE POINT OF BEING THREATENED, TO BE COURT MARSHALED, IF HE CONTINUED TO REFUSE NORTH'S ORDERS. NORTH THREW HIM TO THE WOLVES WHEN HIS ASS GOT IN A SLING FOR HIS ORDERS AND LIED AND PUT ALL THE BLAME ON LT. KILEY. NUFF SAID!

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    This is a fine tribute to our fine people in our military around the world. However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it, because he is the same person that sent a young LT.. in Nam up the river who was doing nothing wrong but following orders from north. This young LT. QUESTIONED THESE ORDERS, TO THE POINT OF BEING THREATENED, TO BE COURT MARSHALED, IF HE CONTINUED TO REFUSE NORTH'S ORDERS. NORTH THREW HIM TO THE WOLVES WHEN HIS ASS GOT IN A SLING FOR HIS ORDERS AND LIED AND PUT ALL THE BLAME ON LT. KILEY. NUFF SAID!
    lolwut?

“The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Semper Fidelis to all my brothers and sisters in arms

Memberships:

Together We Served (Marine) http://togetherweserved.com/
    NRA - Lifetime Member
    Oathkeepers http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

GOD BLESS all our men and women who serve. GOD Bless you all.

Thanks MPG.

“A primary object should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? And what duty more pressing than communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?
    ― George Washington

Educate your soldiers in civics. The schools have failed them when it comes to knowing the foundations of their Oath. These are times when our neighbors in arms will need to know exactly where to stand when it comes to obeying orders from a government that may or may not choose to function legally under the Constitution we swore to defend.

God bless our men and women who serve today and those who have served. On them many of my hopes ride.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Founder's Club Member
    Oh? So only combat vets are patriots?

Not the cabbie who gets a fella to work? Not the dad who juggles two jobs? Not the grocery store stock boy?

I totally disagree with the implied assessment that service in the military makes one a patriot.

A personal commitment to the Bill of Rights, the English rights upon which it was based, and the freedoms it gurarantees is my standard for defining a patriot.

Patrick Henry, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson--these men are patriots.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it
    I agree.

I did not know about anything from his VietNam years.

But, I do know about his activities and testimony during Iran-Contra. While puffing up about the military in the linked video, he overlooks that he personally helped undermine the very constitution the young men in the video consider they are defending.

Yep, took half the fervor right out of the video for me.

The medals on the suit coat were a nice touch, though. (/sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh? So only combat vets are patriots?

Not the cabbie who gets a fella to work? Not the dad who juggles two jobs? Not the grocery store stock boy?

I totally disagree with the implied assessment that service in the military makes one a patriot.

A personal commitment to the Bill of Rights, the English rights upon which it was based, and the freedoms it gurarantees is my standard for defining a patriot.

Patrick Henry, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson--these men are patriots.
    Your definition is dead on.

I also agree that military service does not make one a patriot. It wasn't until I was in my mid-30s that I actually started to embrace the very things I swore to protect when I was in the service. Today I live my Oath.

Many people who have done grievous harm to this republic have been vets. It comes down to personal choices, both in and out of service.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

Thumbs up

Support the troops.

Bring 'em home.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Support the troops.

Bring 'em home.
    Preaching to the choir...

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Support the troops.

Bring 'em home.
    Amen, brother.

I respect and support people who risk it all to question their government, not people who risk it all to serve their government.

^^^^^^^^^^

"Question with boldness"
    -Thomas Jefferson

By all means its our job as US citizens to question government. One of the main reasons the 1st amendment is there is to protect us when we do question government. 2nd amendment is there to protect us against a tyrannical government. That's what one of the first things hitler did was take the guns away from the people. Anyone who questions government as to what the hell there doing is a patriot.

So question?? Hell yeah by all means. But don't hold it against the military there just doing there job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DonRow View Post
    But don't hold it against the military there just doing there job.

the brown shirts in germany were just doing their job. I do hold people accountable for "just doing their job".

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    the brown shirts in germany were just doing their job. I do hold people accountable for "just doing their job".
    Yep. The Nuremberg Tribunal threw out "I was just following orders" as a valid defense.

Cite this please.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers