• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Portrait of a Patriot

DonRow

I never served, but I never bad mouth, or take the military for granted. I teach my kids to go up to service men or women whenever they see them and tell them thank you. If I see military personal having lunch I call the waitress and I'll pay there bill and I never tell them. these men and women are the best of the best of there generation, and just watching them and seeing what they do gives me hope for the future of my kids in our great country. They never get enough credit for anything, but yet I think they don't care if they do. But once again I'll say it "there the best of the best of there generation. And god bless them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilProGuy

I never served, but I never bad mouth, or take the military for granted. I teach my kids to go up to service men or women whenever they see them and tell them thank you. If I see military personal having lunch I call the waitress and I'll pay there bill and I never tell them. these men and women are the best of the best of there generation, and just watching them and seeing what they do gives me hope for the future of my kids in our great country. They never get enough credit for anything, but yet I think they don't care if they do. But once again I'll say it "there the best of the best of there generation. And god bless them all.

You'll probably never know how much your kindness has touched the military folks that you have shown your appreciation to.

I commend you for the way you are bringing your children along to follow in your righteous footsteps.

God bless you, sir.

jammer

This is What a Patriot Looks Like

This is a fine tribute to our fine people in our military around the world. However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it, because he is the same person that sent a young LT.. in Nam up the river who was doing nothing wrong but following orders from north. This young LT. QUESTIONED THESE ORDERS, TO THE POINT OF BEING THREATENED, TO BE COURT MARSHALED, IF HE CONTINUED TO REFUSE NORTH'S ORDERS. NORTH THREW HIM TO THE WOLVES WHEN HIS ASS GOT IN A SLING FOR HIS ORDERS AND LIED AND PUT ALL THE BLAME ON LT. KILEY. NUFF SAID!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This is a fine tribute to our fine people in our military around the world. However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it, because he is the same person that sent a young LT.. in Nam up the river who was doing nothing wrong but following orders from north. This young LT. QUESTIONED THESE ORDERS, TO THE POINT OF BEING THREATENED, TO BE COURT MARSHALED, IF HE CONTINUED TO REFUSE NORTH'S ORDERS. NORTH THREW HIM TO THE WOLVES WHEN HIS ASS GOT IN A SLING FOR HIS ORDERS AND LIED AND PUT ALL THE BLAME ON LT. KILEY. NUFF SAID!

lolwut?

big5018691.jpg

Freedom First

Thanks MPG.

“A primary object should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? And what duty more pressing than communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?
― George Washington

Educate your soldiers in civics. The schools have failed them when it comes to knowing the foundations of their Oath. These are times when our neighbors in arms will need to know exactly where to stand when it comes to obeying orders from a government that may or may not choose to function legally under the Constitution we swore to defend.

God bless our men and women who serve today and those who have served. On them many of my hopes ride.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh? So only combat vets are patriots?

Not the cabbie who gets a fella to work? Not the dad who juggles two jobs? Not the grocery store stock boy?

I totally disagree with the implied assessment that service in the military makes one a patriot.

A personal commitment to the Bill of Rights, the English rights upon which it was based, and the freedoms it gurarantees is my standard for defining a patriot.

Patrick Henry, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson--these men are patriots.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP However, the spokes person Oli north, was the wrong one to give it

I agree.

I did not know about anything from his VietNam years.

But, I do know about his activities and testimony during Iran-Contra. While puffing up about the military in the linked video, he overlooks that he personally helped undermine the very constitution the young men in the video consider they are defending.

Yep, took half the fervor right out of the video for me.

The medals on the suit coat were a nice touch, though. (/sarcasm)

Freedom First

Oh? So only combat vets are patriots?

Not the cabbie who gets a fella to work? Not the dad who juggles two jobs? Not the grocery store stock boy?

I totally disagree with the implied assessment that service in the military makes one a patriot.

A personal commitment to the Bill of Rights, the English rights upon which it was based, and the freedoms it gurarantees is my standard for defining a patriot.

Patrick Henry, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson--these men are patriots.

Your definition is dead on.

I also agree that military service does not make one a patriot. It wasn't until I was in my mid-30s that I actually started to embrace the very things I swore to protect when I was in the service. Today I live my Oath.

Many people who have done grievous harm to this republic have been vets. It comes down to personal choices, both in and out of service.