• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Triad OC Meetup

nobama

I wont be able to make that one. I will be climbing out of a deer stand.

jag06

I know this was not the most amount of notice. If I don't get anyone that can make it by tomorrow night, I will push it back to next Saturday, same time same place.

the beard

New to the forum and open carry in general but would like to get together and learn a little more. If your moving the dinner to next saturday, count me in. Would be nice to meet some like minded people.

jag06

I changed the date to Dec. 17th, same time same place. Hopefully that will allow a few more people to come. Cane someone add this to the triangle OC meetup page?

Last edited:

jag06

Just a reminder for this weekend. For those that are planning on going, would it work out to do it on Friday the 16th? I have had a conflict to pop up this Saturday. I would like to move it to Friday, but if those going can only do Saturday than I will keep it to Saturday and will just try and make the next one.

smlawrence

It is extremely tough for me to make anything on the weekends. I can do lunches during the week with enough notice and some dinners during the week. Yall have a great time whoever does make it. Merry Christmas Yall.

jag06

i cant go to that golden corral, it conflicts with my religion

Just out of curiosity what religion are you with? You don't have to say if you don't won't to, just curios because I have not heard of this before.

The way things are going I have not heard of anyone but one that can possibly make it this weekend. If I don't hear from anyone els planning on attending I will just move it to after the new year. Maybe more people can attend after the holidays.

smlawrence, I usually can do a lunch during the week. If you want to do a OC lunch just let me know what day you want to do it.

Last edited:

jag06

Thanks for sharing Chris.

With little to no interest I have decided to postpone the meetup until after the new year. Hopefully after the holidays it will be easier to get together.

jag06

I would not be able to do it Saturday as I have had a schedule conflict pop up in that last couple days. I could do it Friday dinner, but lexington is about a 40 minute drive for me depending on where the golden coral is. I could meet you half at in clemmons? I don't think they have a golden corral but there is a really good bbq place there. I can't remember the name off hand but I can find it and post if you can make Friday?

papa bear

hey JAG just seen this. so we holding up to after new year. i have been busy myself this week and hadn't been keeping up. let me know if things change. i would like to meet up with everybody. and i think i would have some other that would like to meet up, that are not on here regularly

jag06

As much as I would LOVE to go to snappy's, I cant afford to burn the gas all the way there and back. I suggested the bbq place in clemmons, cant remember the name its the same as the one at mayberry mall. Since Chris is near lexington from his post that was halfway between me and him, but a long drive for you. I think we should just push it off until January unless you feel like coming all the way to winston tomorrow. I will be gone to ashboro all day saturday and some of Sunday, and with getting ready tomorrow for this weekend, and needing to save as much gas as I can I can not travel far tomorrow.

What we should do this spring or summer is have a OC meetup at O'Dells, that would be a great place to have one. Of course I would prefer to do it at 12 Bones but until they change the laws about carrying into a place that serves alcohol thats out of the question. Though the place is good enough we could do a empty holster meet there lol.

smlawrence

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe we do Chick Fil A so that Chris will not come and so we can be around pleasant people?

Well I don't know if anyone else will say it but that is a B.S. unpleasant statement to make. As a Christian myself, not knowing if he was just being sarcastic or serious, acting in a way to not include him because of what he said, isn't going to influence him in a good way. As a Christian, I feel that Christians should be around more people, even if non-believers, to be the example and show them that because of our love for God, we are better people, and they can be too if they so choose to. If they choose not to, I don't want it to be because of the example I set. In the end it is between them and God.

To Chris, I hope you were kidding around about being a Satanist, but if not, I still have no problem with breaking bread with ya. I won't judge you and please don't judge me. But I love to shoot and exercise my 2nd Amendment rights and hopefully we meet up sometime at a meet or something.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas.