• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Washington bans firearms

rimmer

So, when is breakfast in Port Washington? Apparently they need to see some waist high flashy metal and smell some leather.
oscar

H

Herr Heckler Koch

What might be the intent of the disclaimer, "This is not a scientific poll." Should we regard the USAYesterday 2007 gun control poll with nineteen-million responses as 'scientific' therefore without the disclaimer? Anyway, there were 140 responses a moment ago.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Where should concealed weapons be banned?

* Nowhere. I have the right to bear arms, and places are safer when law-abiding citizens can carry weapons. 121 (76%)
* Only in government buildings. Guns don't belong with kids in libraries and schools, or in heated public debates. 10 (6%)
* Only in certain businesses, where people being armed would pose especially great risk, such as in taverns. 5 (3%)
* In government buildings and in certain businesses. 23 (14%)

Total votes: 159

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Since the ban ordinance has been passed, the poll is quite redundant.
Good point, but the PW-S Patch's purpose is the same as all of the lamestream media, to make you see advertisements and to get click-throughs for which they are paid. The sheepoodles are shorn no differently than the sheeple and no differently than sheep.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Notice the guy that is allowed carry in his work (cop or bailiff?) for protection doesn't want the same for others. Paraphrase: "I take the Bill of Rights very seriously, just don't believe that it applies to everyone."

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Where do they get these people?

From the first article in the series in banning guns in Port Washington,
Jim Vollmar argued the target of the ban is not someone who enters City Hall with the intention of using a weapon. Rather, Vollmar hopes it would keep law-abiding citizens from bringing in a weapon that they might be unexpectedly moved to use in the heat of an argument. "We're not trying to get the crazies," Vollmar said. "We're talking about the law-abiding citizen who comes in here and in the middle of the meeting becomes angry."

Alderman Paul Neumyer also argued for posting signs prohibiting concealed weapons. He said the knowledge that certain people were carrying weapons could make people hesitant to speak their minds or pick certain fights in a meeting.

“It can have a chilling effect," he said.
This is just so wrong I don't know where to start.... They are consciously denying the rights of law-abiding citizens and denying the accumulated knowledge from years of CCW in 48 other states.... Where do they get these people? :banghead:

Trip20

(Voting has been closed for this question)

* Nowhere. I have the right to bear arms, and places are safer when law-abiding citizens can carry weapons. 247 (84%)
* Only in government buildings. Guns don't belong with kids in libraries and schools, or in heated public debates. 11 (3%)
* Only in certain businesses, where people being armed would pose especially great risk, such as in taverns. 6 (2%)
* In government buildings and in certain businesses. 27 (9%)

Total votes: 291

jrclen

I'm puzzled. If signs will keep criminals from carrying firearms into the government buildings, why don't the city fathers erect signs around town stating "crimes not allowed?" They could save a bundle on the police department with no crime in their city.

Outdoorsman1

(Voting has been closed for this question)
Nowhere. I have the right to bear arms, and places are safer when law-abiding citizens can carry weapons.

304 (87%) Only in government buildings. Guns don't belong with kids in libraries and schools, or in heated public debates.

11 (3%) Only in certain businesses, where people being armed would pose especially great risk, such as in taverns.
6 (1%) In government buildings and in certain businesses.
28 (8%) Total votes: 349

@ 9:25 AM on 12/8/11

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: