• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now open carrying!

Openlyaware

Hello everyone, I'm posting today to announce that I have purchased my first handgun. More importantly, I carried my new Walther PPQ to Wal-Mart, my first open carry experience yesterday. I was a little nervous, but after rounding a corner on my way to the registers, i noticed a man and woman walking in front of me, the man with was handgun on his hip. I then felt a little less awkward, and knew i wasn't alone. So no problems, i think i got a few looks, but a good first time I'd say.

sraacke

Wow, your first time OCing and your encountered another Unicorn? Cool. Time to buy a Powerball ticket. LOL. What ate the odds? wait, you're in Va? Probably a bit higher in Va than some other places but still, cool.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Belatedly, welcome to OCDO!

Now go to www.vcdl.org and join.

Put Monday, Jan 16, 2012 on your calendar to attend Lobby Day at the General Assembly Building.

And check the Virginia section to see all the OC meet-ups in your area. Come on out, enjoy good food in good company.

stay safe.

riverrat10k

Welcome to OCDO! You will find this site a wonderful reference and learning experience.

My first OC was to walk in to an Obama campaign office and ask for a copy of his statements about the right to carry firearms.

They could not produce the relevent statements.

Redbaron007

Welcome to OCDO! You will find this site a wonderful reference and learning experience.

My first OC was to walk in to an Obama campaign office and ask for a copy of his statements about the right to carry firearms.

They could not produce the relevent statements.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess my stupid question is; did you expect them to a) know what he said, b) and to give you a copy, even if they knew what he said?'

This still cracks me up!

OOooopppps!!

Welcome OP to the forum! It has lots of info...some you'll like, some you won't...either way...it'll stretch your thoughts. Which is a good thing.

Last edited: