• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Police Department is changing its policies and standards

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Another video surfaces....

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...taunts-profanity-135790378.html?tab=video&c=y

"This badge is the only thing preventing me from skull ----ing you and dragging you down the street," one of the officers can be heard saying in the video."

Again, I call for the immediate resignation or firing of Chief Diaz and the systematic resignation of all top brass of the SPD within the next 3 years. The SPD are thugs, they are a street gang at least 20% of the time according the the Obama DOJ.

Dave_pro2a

I like this quote:

Drago noted. "It's an entrenched problem that's been ongoing for years. It's been raised over and over again and hasn't been resolved."

If the system cannot effectively police itself, then it cannot effectively police fellow citizens.

If the system cannot reform itself, what reasonable expectation can we have that it can reform criminals.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Apparently lack of class is an institutional problem within the SPD.

"That ain't my problem." http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ing-crash-victim-135908093.html?tab=video&c=y

Mocking foreign accents, mocking a guy who was seriously injured -- SNAFU for the inglorious SPD.

I said it before, and I will say it again.

I demand the immediate resignation of Chief Diaz or the immediate firing of Chief Diaz by Mayor McGinn. I demand the dismantling of the top brass of the SPD over the next 3 years.

amlevin

Was driving home and heard a report on the news about one of the issues the DOJ uncovered. The person reiterated what we here all know, that if a Police officer has no reason to believe a crime is being committed, and we don't want to talk to him, it's "tough stuff". Apparently this was an issue for many officers who rather than saying "OK, have a nice day" when they were told to "buzz off", decided to escalate and use force. The DOJ evidently has made this a big deal in their report.

antispam540

I said it before, and I will say it again.

I demand the immediate resignation of Chief Diaz or the immediate firing of Chief Diaz by Mayor McGinn. I demand the dismantling of the top brass of the SPD over the next 3 years.

That's great, and I agree with you, but they don't read this thread (and wouldn't care about your demand for their resignation if they did). You're preaching to the choir again :p

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
That's great, and I agree with you, but they don't read this thread (and wouldn't care about your demand for their resignation if they did). You're preaching to the choir again :p

Oh, I have posted on the seattletimes.com and seattlepi.com websites. I have also sent an email to the Mayor and city council. I will continue to do so with every new article either paper posts.

amlevin

Let's hope the change brings someone other than a party that's been "marinated" in the old ways that got the Dept in trouble.

Of course there are all sorts of "factions" that have to be satisfied. That means that a candidate for chief will be a multi-racial gay woman with a hispanic surname that came up through the ranks.

Maybe it's time to do away with the Chief having to be a sworn officer. Make him a citizen "Manager of Public Safety" and then he can hire Police officers to do the Policing.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Let's hope the change brings someone other than a party that's been "marinated" in the old ways that got the Dept in trouble.

Of course there are all sorts of "factions" that have to be satisfied. That means that a candidate for chief will be a multi-racial gay woman with a hispanic surname that came up through the ranks.

Maybe it's time to do away with the Chief having to be a sworn officer. Make him a citizen "Manager of Public Safety" and then he can hire Police officers to do the Policing.

Let's not forget such candidate must also come from a disadvantaged upbringing, suffered abuse, former drug user, preferably done time too... And be vehemently anti gun of course. You know, so the candidate can relate to those poor oppressed 99%ers while going after the real criminals... Law abiding armed citizens who are undermining the need for her would be underlings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk