• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet

Justman1020

I will be home on dec 20-30. Anyone interested in meeting up just to grab some coffee or something while I'm there? Ft lauderdale Miami west palm beach areas.

hammer6

I will be home on dec 20-30. Anyone interested in meeting up just to grab some coffee or something while I'm there? Ft lauderdale Miami west palm beach areas.

i think the personals are in a different forum...lol

Justman1020

Thing's apparently seem to work differently in Wa then they do down in Florida, getting a group together and grabbing a cup of coffee is normal for us, maybe thats because open carrying is a normal thing down here...

Jake8x7

Activist Member
Thing's apparently seem to work differently in Wa then they do down in Florida, getting a group together and grabbing a cup of coffee is normal for us, maybe thats because open carrying is a normal thing down here...

I don't disagree with you at all, but I think it's important to point out the fact that FL is not a traditional OC state. We are not allowed to OC everywhere, and the only state statute exemption that protects any sort of public property OC in FL (excluding fear for life of limb) is the fishing, camping, target shooting, and lawful hunting exemption (to, from, and during any of these). While to my knowledge there are no case laws for this, I would argue that it is generally accepted by OCDO that OCing in the mall with no fishing pole and tackle box (although the statute does not require these) would be extremely problematic if you choose to use this exemption in your defense. I would see the same level of problems when OCing in a coffee shop. If you are referring to simply a social encounter, then by all means post in the appropriate section accordingly, but if you are interested in OCing with fellow members try to either set up a new or attend an established reoccurring OC fishing event in your area.

Jake8x7

Last edited: