• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What questions would you ask of the presidential candidates?

MilProGuy

If you were on a Presidential Debate panel, what question or questions would you ask of the presidential candidates?

jbone

Which one of you will toss all the Illegal Aliens out on their duffs, and before that starts stop all federal funding that provides benefits and welfare to Illegal Aliens.

HandyHamlet

Three parter, all related:

Who are the Corps you shill for?

How much did they buy you personally for?

What do you owe them in return?

eye95

Do you support eliminating the income tax in favor of a tax that everyone pays and that is not hidden?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Will you use executive orders to remove as much unconstitutional crap as possible? (to include alphabet agencies that make their own laws, illegal laws that conflict with the constitution, etc etc)

MilProGuy

If elected President of the United States:

1. are you prepared to state that you an American Citizen; and will you be prepared to prove it to the American public?

2. will you place your hand over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance to our Nation's Flag and during the playing of the National Anthem?

3. will you make snide public remarks about our Nation's Flag and her National Anthem?

4. will you go around the world bowing and scraping to foreign dignitaries?

5. will you go around the world apologizing for the United States?

eye95

Will you use executive orders to remove as much unconstitutional crap as possible? (to include alphabet agencies that make their own laws, illegal laws that conflict with the constitution, etc etc)

Perry got into a bit of trouble on Huckabee for saying that he would use EOs to get around Obamacare. As much as I hate Obamacare, I disagree with an Imperial Presidency that can change be edict that which republicanism fails to do. If it is unconstitutional get the courts or States to say so. For one man, even the president, to say so will pave the way to despotism. It is the path that President Obama has set us on and we need to get off it, not just change the goals of the despotic behavior.

PistolPackingMomma

Whatever the question, I would want it submitted to all the candidates to answer with equal amounts of time.

Dreamer

1) why is it practically a "job requirement" to be a sociopath and a congenital liar in order to be considered a viable candidate for President? And in light of that. when will you drop out of the race and cede the primary race to the ONLY candidate who by those twisted standards isn't fit to run, but by any rational, moral, ethical measure is the ONLY person on Capital Hill who should be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office (Ron Paul)...

2) What proof can you offer that, if elected, you won't simply continue your single-minded sociopathic ascent to ultimate power over others, opportunistic greed, and gleeful whoring to transnational corporate interests? If your Oath of office before your chosen deity means nothing to you in terms of morals, ethics, and the Rule of Law, then how can ANYTHING you say be trusted?

3) When you sold your soul to Mollech, did you realize that the pre-adolescet children who were the ritualistic sex sacrifices were supplied by Halliburton and DynCorp, and will you--like past US presidents--continue to reward them with lucrative Defense Contracts so they can continue this service to Capital Hill and to the UN?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Perry got into a bit of trouble on Huckabee for saying that he would use EOs to get around Obamacare. As much as I hate Obamacare, I disagree with an Imperial Presidency that can change be edict that which republicanism fails to do. If it is unconstitutional get the courts or States to say so. For one man, even the president, to say so will pave the way to despotism. It is the path that President Obama has set us on and we need to get off it, not just change the goals of the despotic behavior.

I don't like the idea of executive orders just being thrown around, however:

If the states and courts are doing things that are unconstitutional and against their oath, the president has also taken an oath to the constitution and should step in if the opportunity is there.

For example... lower forms of government and courts have ruled that you cannot bear arms even though the constitution (all these people take an oath to support) says that we have the RIGHT to bear arms....I am all for the president getting into office and lifting bans on bearing arms. Why? Because I am some extreme right wing gun nut? NO - because it is the number 2 thing in the bill of rights.

I don't care if the people of the state of Illinois elected representatives to represent their wants to outlaw the carrying of firearms, in a republic the majority cannot destroy the rights of the minority because they are specifically protected under the constitution aka the SUPREME law of the land. So in the case where law makers says "**** it" and destroyed rights people were born with I am all for the president using his executive orders. It's him obeying his oath to the constitution by fixing what the people who broke their oath did.

I am all for our form of government the way it is supposed to be. People elect other people to represent them and make laws....but you just can't make laws that contradict the supreme law of the land and call it "cool" because the majority of your voters were cool with it. That spits in the face of the republic many men and women gave their lives to defend. I'm all for the president using executive orders PURELY for restoring the constitution.

Did that turn into a big run on repeating the same thing? If it did, my B.

eye95

Absolutely.

That's the only fair way to do it.

I hate the word "fair." I prefer "just." "Fair" means that all candidates get equal time. "Just" means that they get an appropriate amount of time, which may or may not equal the time another or all the others get. "Fair" is a Democrat and democratic word. "Just" is a republican and Republican word.

Just count how many times President Obama used the word "fair" today. It disgusts me.

MilProGuy

I hate the word "fair." I prefer "just." "Fair" means that all candidates get equal time. "Just" means that they get an appropriate amount of time, which may or may not equal the time another or all the others get. "Fair" is a Democrat and democratic word. "Just" is a republican and Republican word.

Just count how many times President Obama used the word "fair" today. It disgusts me.

I sincerely appreciate you calling my attention to this.

It seems I learn something new every day if I just pay attention and will be open to other people and their insights.

I shall go back and edit my post to reflect this change.

Thanks.

DangerClose

Which one of you will toss all the Illegal Aliens out on their duffs, and before that starts stop all federal funding that provides benefits and welfare to Illegal Aliens.

Do you support eliminating the income tax in favor of a tax that everyone pays and that is not hidden?

Aren't you guys going to ask hard questions? Ron Paul would answer yes to all of those. :lol: Well, hmm, I don't know about the Executive Orders since a heavy-handed use of those might be considered unconstitutional.

Surprisingly, Romney is against amnesty too. Meanwhile, Perry likes giving in-state tuition prices to illegals. WI did too, but that got repealed recently.

Even though I already know the answer, I'd like to ask them about the Second Amendment, since no one else at debates asks them. I'd like to hear Romney explain his "assault weapons" ban, and hear Newt explain how thinking a thumbprint database for gun owners is a good idea.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Whatever words the SOB uses disgusts me.