Thread: Gov. Walker Signs Castle Doctrine Bill

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Gov. Walker Signs Castle Doctrine Bill

Last edited by davegran; 12-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Unless the "intruders" are shouting "Police!"

and it's about time. All the liberal media is announcing that "Walker signs bill allowing homeowners to kill"...what a bunch of crap. Since I own a home, I can kill? I can just indiscriminately kill because I own a home. How about "Victims can now fight back without fear of imprisonment" ? Gimme a break! Even before today, I would not have hesitated. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Some lib on Channel 3000's website:

"What if the person doing the break-in isn't armed. You would have just killed an unarmed person. You can't kill someone who isn't posing a mortal threat."

Well I sure as hades am not gonna sit down and discuss their intentions if they come in my house uninvited.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Lightbulb I Looked...Is It In Effect Now Or At Some Later Date?

I read through the bill but it hasn't been updated yet and I couldn't find anything about when the law goes into effect.

So...does it become effective today or at some later date?

Anyone know for certain?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I read through the bill but it hasn't been updated yet and I couldn't find anything about when the law goes into effect.

So...does it become effective today or at some later date?

Anyone know for certain?
    It sounds like it is in effect in ten working days or as soon as the Secretary of State publishes it, whichever comes first; but IANAL....
    SECTION 3.0 Initial applicability.
    (1) This act first applies to a use of force that occurs
    on the effective date of this subsection.
    * Section 991.11, WISCONSIN STATUTES 2009−10 : Effective date of acts. “Every act and every portion of an act enacted by the legislature over
    the governor’s partial veto which does not expressly prescribe the time when it takes effect shall take effect on the day after its date of publication
    as designated” by the secretary of state [the date of publication may not be more than 10 working days after the date of enactment].
    Last edited by davegran; 12-08-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    It sounds like it is in effect in ten working days or as soon as the Secretary of State publishes it, whichever comes first; but IANAL....
    You got it right.

McX
    a day that will live in infamy for the criminals at least, as they will never have the opportunity to Pearl Harbor a gun toting law abiding citizen.

The Winter Solstice Celebration....

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    You got it right.
    So we're good to go on December 21st, the longest night of the year....
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Lightbulb Thanks Dave! Very Informative Post!

OK. I wasn't sure when it went into effect since not one single NEWS agency has mentioned it. So now anyone watching the NEWS or hearing of this will automatically assume the legal protections of this law are already in effect when in fact they are not.

See how much people can learn on this site? With the passing of the concealed carry law in July and how it went into effect I knew better than to assume this law was instantly put into effect. Heck, in Florida our Castle Doctrine law took months to go into effect but the date of effect was actually published in the bill and became knowledge the day the governor signed it.

Why can't our NEWS agencies and our government tell the public when laws actually goes into effect?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Unless the "intruders" are shouting "Police!"
    Po-ta-toe / Po-ta-to
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    a day that will live in infamy for the criminals at least, as they will never have the opportunity to Pearl Harbor a gun toting law abiding citizen.
    Damn strait.