• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Meet & Greet in Huntington WV.

neuroblades

Count me in. If you need some help just let me know. 21st would be better for me but either way I'm there !!!

Thank you, Undertaker; Glockster's supposed to talk to Golden Corral in Ashland about metting there on the 21st @ 12 noon. We had originally planned on the 21st at the Huntington location but then WVCDL said that they were having one there one the 28th. I was looking to just merge this one into theirs but they never got back to me about it and then it was suggested that we just move it to Ashalnd, that way the Eastern Kentucky M&G would really be in Eastern Ky, *LOL*

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I'm free of classes Tom., and I will run by the corral and check on their firearm policies. Depending on the weather, I should know something by 5 or so, I'll post Asa I speak with management.

neuroblades

I'm free of classes Tom., and I will run by the corral and check on their firearm policies. Depending on the weather, I should know something by 5 or so, I'll post Asa I speak with management.

Not a problem, Glockster. I'll check back tomorrow when I get off from work. I'm not sure what they'll say but I do know that I've carried in there a great many times in the past. It might be for the best that you don't mention that we'll be carrying weapons, just say something like, "We've got a small group of people looking to meet there for dinner on the 21st at 12 noon". It's been my experience that when people hear the words "weapon(s)", "gun(s)" or any of the likes, they tend to get edgy and nervous.

Undertaker

What's the verdict

Why do we need to ask anything. I eat there a couple times a week. Lets just meet in the North end dining room SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, 2012 at Noon for anyone that wants to show up. Can I get an AMEN !!!

Last edited:

neuroblades

Well, AMEN! *LOL* What Glockster's wanting to avoid, as do I, is a possible "bad encounter". We don't have to "ask" for permission, as such. But it's better if they're aware of the plans before a bunch of us just show up there. If we had met there before or they had prior knowledge of us then this would be completely different but it's better that we show ourselves to be upstanding citizens who are not looking to cause any unneeded issues.

Granted, as things are going, there might only be 3 or 4 of us. *LOL* But I'd rather hope that we have many more and plan accordingly. Just imagine if we didn;t contact them and then about 10 or 15 guys, and maybe some ladies, just all walk into their establishment carrying weapons; if they're like some sheeple out there, they might panic and call 911, needlessly.

Keep in mond, this is the first one of these that I've ever tried to get setup like this so we're erring on the side of caution. *LOL*

09jisaac

I will most likely be there and will probably bring brekay and she would be carrying and maybe talk my brother-in-law into going with his gun.

neuroblades

If all goes as planned, there'll be two of us from my side, I'm not sure if the lady will be carrying or not, I've not yet gotten her totally to the point of being completely comfortable OC'ing as of yet but we'll see.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
As per your request, I did not mention the carrying of firearms to golden corral. I simply said we had a group of 5 to 10 coming in, and of course they said that would not be a problem. I suppose if they have a problem we can always go elsewhere.

neuroblades

Thanks goes out to Glockster for his footwork on this Meet & Greet this coming weekend at the Golden Corral in Ashland at 12 noon on Jan. 21st.

Invite all gun owners you might know. I'm really looking forward to this M&G, God knows that this weekend has been a complete & utter scrub. Some family issues have arisen as well but I'm determined to NOT allow this to interfere with the M&G.

09jisaac

I don't think so, the more the merrier...... Until we get soo much that it causes a problem, which I don't think we will.

neuroblades

Sent an invite to the folks in Sounthern Ohio and West Virginia to join us. Hope I didn't overstep my bounds.

No, you didn't overstep anything, as was mentioned, the more the merrier! If wveryone attends that has voiced an interest, you should have about 6 or 7 at least. But I'm hoping for more.

neuroblades

As per your request, I did not mention the carrying of firearms to golden corral. I simply said we had a group of 5 to 10 coming in, and of course they said that would not be a problem. I suppose if they have a problem we can always go elsewhere.

Where shall we meet; inside, or outside? If inside, which of the rooms, I think there's one on each end, if I'm not mistaken.

neuroblades

Roll Call

OK folks, If everyone would be so kind, can we have a general roll Call od who will be attending. This way we know able how many to be expecting this weekend and so, if need be, we can update GC.

I figured that we'd try to all meet in one of the 2 side rooms so we'd have a bit more privacy thatn if we were just all out sitting in the general dining space.

Glockster, did they indicate where we might be seated?

Johnburns15

Would have loved to attended and had planned on attending, but as of this morning, I've had an unexpected experience come up consuming my entire Saturday :(

KYGlockster

Activist Member
OK folks, If everyone would be so kind, can we have a general roll Call od who will be attending. This way we know able how many to be expecting this weekend and so, if need be, we can update GC.

I figured that we'd try to all meet in one of the 2 side rooms so we'd have a bit more privacy thatn if we were just all out sitting in the general dining space.

Glockster, did they indicate where we might be seated?

WE can set wherever we like. If we had a party of 20 or more then they would have to accommodate us, but with so few attending we can take our pick. I am not sure if the rooms are reserved or not, I don't believe they are, however if they will not let us have a room we can always set at their large tables. It will be quite busy, that is for sure. With all the elderly women that eat there on Saturday's, it could be eventful. Russell cops are di&ks too. Just a heads up for everyone!