Thread: HB 26: Failure to carry concealed handgun permit; penalty

HB 26: Failure to carry concealed handgun permit; penalty

Delegate Cole has resubmitted his bill that was illegally killed in the subcommittee. This is not a high profile issue, but current law allows you to be convicted of a gun crime for merely forgetting your wallet on you dresser in the morning. They say LEOs are "supposed" to use common sense in this matter... I don't want to bet my clean record on a LEO that happens to hate guns and law-abiding CHP-holders.

TFred

Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information

Failure to carry concealed handgun permit; penalty. Provides that failure to produce, upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, a concealed handgun permit and a government-issued photo identification while carrying a concealed handgun is punishable by a $25 civil penalty. A court may waive this penalty if the person presents a valid concealed handgun permit and government-issued photo identification to the court. The bill also introduces an affirmative defense of having a valid concealed handgun permit to a charge of violating the concealed weapons statute.

Exclamation

...snip

A court may SHALL waive this penalty if the person presents a valid concealed handgun permit and government-issued photo identification to the court.

snip...
    I like this better.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    I like this better.
    +1, Let's not give them the option.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."