• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 26: Failure to carry concealed handgun permit; penalty

TFred

Delegate Cole has resubmitted his bill that was illegally killed in the subcommittee. This is not a high profile issue, but current law allows you to be convicted of a gun crime for merely forgetting your wallet on you dresser in the morning. They say LEOs are "supposed" to use common sense in this matter... I don't want to bet my clean record on a LEO that happens to hate guns and law-abiding CHP-holders.

TFred

Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information

Failure to carry concealed handgun permit; penalty. Provides that failure to produce, upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, a concealed handgun permit and a government-issued photo identification while carrying a concealed handgun is punishable by a $25 civil penalty. A court may waive this penalty if the person presents a valid concealed handgun permit and government-issued photo identification to the court. The bill also introduces an affirmative defense of having a valid concealed handgun permit to a charge of violating the concealed weapons statute.

wylde007

...snip

A court [strike]may[/strike] SHALL waive this penalty if the person presents a valid concealed handgun permit and government-issued photo identification to the court.

snip...
I like this better.