• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

man killed while Open Carrying - Richmond, VA

Carry24/7

Well I guess this answers a question I've seen here several times. Gun grabs can and do happen. Always know who is around you and never let them in your space.

ArmySoldier22

Well I guess this answers a question I've seen here several times. Gun grabs can and do happen. Always know who is around you and never let them in your space.

It's one of those 1 in a million things. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Anything that can happen, will happen. I'm definitely not discrediting the seriousness of this though, it's a horrible situation and it's the reason why I also carry a retention holster. For some reason people just can't seem to figure out how it works until you tell them. +1 to being aware of who is around you too. Situational awareness is the key to survival in any situation. Hopefully we won't ever see a post like this again

smlawrence

I hate to read stories about repeat offenders killing people but anyone who would attack someone who is OC'ing(I'm not 100% convinced he was as I have not seen a picture or video of him in the store or during the struggle) has a different thought process than most of us can comprehend. If they were brave/stupid enough to attack him, knowing he had a gun, they would have had no problems attacking him if he were CC. Maybe they saw him holstering/covering the weapon when he got out of his vehicle. Maybe he was OC and just not paying attention. I hope the systems handles the offenders properly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kill these punks on TV....right before lotto numbers
cw

Your new here, so I want to assure you I am not attacking you, but responding to your words, which I will say I find most unfortunate. Especially here on OCDO.

Those words indicate you have already found both guilty of a capital crime based on what - media reports? Are there no circumstances where the death penalty would not be justified in both instances? Age? IQ? If the 2nd accused was an innocent passenger/witness to the events who likewise feared for his life? Our justice system is there for a reason - it must be allowed to do its job not effected by mob mentality.

We on OCDO are not judge, jury and/or executioners. We do not espouse vengeance. We do not express a desire to kill, to exact a pound of flesh. We rather deal in facts, not knee jerk emotions.

Those that know me will understand why I express the above - not from any desire to be soft/easy on criminals committing atrocious, violent acts, but a firm belief that we (the posters here) should not paint ourselves into an image of night riders and thereby color this site from the same pallet.

Paraphrasing recommended self-defense language, I do not want them killed - I want them stopped.

Billy D

Our justice system is there for a reason - it must be allowed to do its job not effected by mob mentality.

The "justice system has NOTHING to do with justice, and everything to do with the job security of the judges. These little rats have come before judges before, and they should have been locked up, not allowed back on the street.
But ya if your gonna OC, have a retention holster and be aware of your surroundings..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The "justice system has NOTHING to do with justice, and everything to do with the job security of the judges.....snip....

Having met more "honorable" judges than not, I respectfully disagree.

Problem is your post attacks a group rather than faulting an individual for wrongs and that sir is in violation of our rules.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation.......
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

ncwabbit

sigh...

wabbit

ps: situational awareness is important, but we also do not know the size of the attacker(s) and the victim or how Tyler's firearm was taken, e.g., they outweighed the victim and just flat out tackled him and took it, etc.