• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baraboo Area Ranges

junkie

Hello out there. I just got a new job down in Baraboo and will be making the move down there at the end of the month. Since I have not spent much time down there, I was wondering what you all recommend for ranges. I can't make it more than a couple weeks without inhaling some gun powder. I think it is a medical condition. Where is the best handgun and/or rifle range in the area? I was looking around and saw there is a pretty cool rnge in Lodi that goes out to 1200 yards for the big sticks. Does anybody go out there and what's you opinion of the place. Thanks again for your help.

As a side note…I am still waiting on permission from my overloads to conceal. Sent in the application on the 1st, they received it on the third, and they cashed my check on the 15th. I am glad people think this process will keep them safe.

oliverclotheshoff

there is a range in new lisbon M&M they have an indoor range i was told i have never been there but im sure someone who has will chime in
there is also a sportsmans club outside of mauston but i have not had any luck getting ahold of them

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
There's a range just outside of Baraboo that's pretty nice and very reasonable. It's "Circus City Sportsmans Club". You can get a yearly membership and you get a key to the gate. I think Jim's Guns in Baraboo still sells memberships.

The one near Lodi is Winnequa (I know I spelled it wrong, on my phone). It's quite expensive. I know a few members there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Mlutz

there is a range in new lisbon M&M they have an indoor range i was told i have never been there but im sure someone who has will chime in
there is also a sportsmans club outside of mauston but i have not had any luck getting ahold of them

M&M has indoor bow... GARBAGE! I wont go back for ANY REASON! I would rather drive an hour to gander in Lax, or Madison than give one cent to M&M. The range by the dump? They charge 5$ a year, not a bad deal.

GreenCountyPete

Lodi is an awesome , range , i am not a member , live to far away, but was there for some training they hosted last year.

the club house has a indoor pistol range , very very nice , then they have camping , and lots of specialty ranges , one just for steel plates , one for 25 and 50 yard pistol and more i didn't get to see.

if you are into shooting , it will be well worth the membership.