Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Proposal~ Felony for Carrying Handgun ON Gas Station Property

Bill Proposal~ Felony for Carrying Handgun ON Gas Station Property

2011 Assembly BILL 406

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...roposals/ab406

Looks like "they" are still trying to punish us.

COME ON..........treat gas station property same as a school zone ?

Time to start calling our legislators [AGAIN] to get this one stopped before it gets off the ground.

Sneaky bastards are also wrapping other BS in the bill to camouflage their real intent.
    Last edited by Da Po-lock; 12-08-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Herr Heckler Koch

This Bill may be captioned "The Gas Station Protection Act"

The sponsors are buying back some really cheap political IOUs and demonstrating how low the economy has sunk by 'protecting' kwik-stops better than a bank. Remember that when you see the price of fuel in dollars per gallon or dollars per barrel of oil, you are also seeing the value of a dollar in gallons per dollar or barrels of oil per dollar.

The net value of the US changes little but the stock market swings wildly in "average shares per dollar." It ain't the value of the market changing.

So, it seems they are trying to prevent robberies to gas stations by banning firearms on the premises with the language about damage to property....but then in 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. they say this doesn't apply.

Color me confused. Unless I'm reading it wrong. And if you didnt know about the change, hello felony.... goodbye gun, the ability to self protect and other rights.

This logic doesn't work at schools, what make them think gas stations are any different?. And how do I avoid a gas station zone?
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

This is... It would be edited... You know what I'm getting at...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Who the h3ll introduced this b/s and who the h3ll co-sponsored it? Of course I am being facetious, those 2 need to be removed.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 12-08-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

It seems to me, that if the goal is "fewer robberies" and "safer" they'd make it a felony to fail to have high res high frame rate video on gas station property.

Side bonus, better recordings of drive-offs.

The folks that bring concealed carry guns holding a CCL are not the ones to worry about. The persistent meth-pests the clerks sometimes are friends with and sometimes discourage aren't going to care.

For the average law-abiding citizen, a gas station is one of the MOST likely places to get robbed during their normal activities. (Aside form going to Woodmans, that is.)

out of
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

It's 2 liberal idiot democrats. Zepnick and Sinicki.

The bill will never get out of committee. As of right now, it's not even on their calendar.

How the heck am I supposed to be able to fill my car up then (if this passes)? Looks like I'll have to leave a loaded firearm unattended off the property. Ya, that shouldn't cause any problems...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

These liberal idiots don't give up. What kind of drugs are they on?
    They are crybabies just like the ones who voted them in.
    This crap needs to stop.
    The next election we will have to eradicate these fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    This is
    There ya go .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs down More sneaky language!

Maybe I am misreading it, but this language sounds like they are also trying to prevent carry on the grounds of, among other places, a University.
    AB406, s. 6 9Section 6. 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. of the statutes, as created by 2011 Wisconsin Act
    , is amended to read:
    AB406,5,2211 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. While carrying a firearm, enters or remains in any part of
    12a nonresidential building, grounds of a nonresidential building, or land that the actor
    13does not own or occupy after the owner of the building, grounds, or land, if that part
    14of the building, grounds, or land has not been leased to another person, or the
    15occupant of that part of the building, grounds, or land has notified the actor not to
    16enter or remain in that part of the building, grounds, or land while carrying a firearm
    17or with that type of firearm.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer View Post
    These liberal idiots don't give up. What kind of drugs are they on?
    They are crybabies just like the ones who voted them in.
    This crap needs to stop.
    The next election we will have to eradicate these fools.
    I don't think they were spanked enough as children. Discipline is what keeps a child in line when he becomes naughty.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Sent this to my elected officials:

Felony for having a firearm at a gas station? Wow!

Please do not support this silliness.

--

Paul L Fisher

No respect for private property rights and the right to self defense. What do expect from Sinicki, a friend of the head WAVE ghoul. (Wonder were the idea for this came from?) A quote from another forum made G rated: "Nuttier than squirrel droppings."
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I also fired one off to my rep.

Here's an idea....

Hey, how about making it a felony for a politician to lie? I would prefer to make it a hanging offense, but we can work on that part....

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

How about we just prosecute the people who commit the real felonies at a gas station to the fullest extent of the law... rather than giving them some time, a slap on the ass and some probation for them to return to society as a "rehabilitated" career criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    How about we just prosecute the people who commit the real felonies at a gas station to the fullest extent of the law... rather than giving them some time, a slap on the ass and some probation for them to return to society as a "rehabilitated" career criminal.
    Lemme' hear an, "AMEN, BROTHER", and a "HALLELUJAH"!
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    Now thats just crazy talk, enforcement of the current law? How bizzar

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    It's 2 liberal idiot democrats. Zepnick and Sinicki.

The bill will never get out of committee. As of right now, it's not even on their calendar.
    ExACTLY!!

This bill was dead before the ink dried.

Aside from carrying a handgun, the bill also makes it a felony if you cause damage to gas station property - hope you don't accidentally back into part of their building

No "reasoning" & poorly written. Too broad of application.

Under this bill, with certain exceptions, a person is guilty of a felony if he or she goes armed with a handgun on the premises of a gas station. A person who is convicted of the felony may be fined up to $10,000, imprisoned for up to three years and six months, or both.

Under current law, a person who causes damage to another's property is generally guilty of a misdemeanor. Under this bill, if the property is a gas station, the person is guilty of a felony and is subject to a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment of up to three years and six months, or both.
    Why is this class of private property so much more special than any other private property?

The bill exempts any LEO (on or off duty) & what appears to be ex-LEO who qualify under LEOSA, on-duty military, corrections, & people whom the owner or manager allow to carry. So 2A-friendly places would have to post signs welcoming customers, instead of unfriendly places posting signs turning away customers.

Also, under current law, a person who commits theft is guilty of a crime and the penalty varies by the value of the property taken, the victim of the theft, or the circumstances.
    Under this bill, if the theft is from a gas station, the person is guilty of a felony and is subject to a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment of up to six years, or both.
    So it's possible that for stealing a pack of gum, someone could lose civil rights for life.
    Idiotic.

And did you notice the bill is dated 07DEC11 but has an effective date of 01NOV11 "or the day after publication, whichever is later"?

Joe, there is an exception for unloaded & encased.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Partial quote:

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

The bill exempts any LEO (on or off duty) & what appears to be ex-LEO who qualify under LEOSA, on-duty military, corrections, & people whom the owner or manager allow to carry. So 2A-friendly places would have to post signs welcoming customers, instead of unfriendly places posting signs turning away customers.
    Sinicki's and Krusick's neighboring district likely has more Milwaukee cops living in them than all the rest of Milwaukee combined.
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

McX
    the gas pumps MUST have complained.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    ExACTLY!!

This bill was dead before the ink dried.
    I wouldnt put anything past those libtards, they could (and would) hide in some other legislation to get there agenda complete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast