• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Proposal~ Felony for Carrying Handgun ON Gas Station Property

Da Po-lock

2011 Assembly BILL 406

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/proposals/ab406

Looks like "they" are still trying to punish us.

COME ON..........treat gas station property same as a school zone ?

Time to start calling our legislators [AGAIN] to get this one stopped before it gets off the ground.

Sneaky bastards are also wrapping other BS in the bill to camouflage their real intent.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

This Bill may be captioned "The Gas Station Protection Act"

The sponsors are buying back some really cheap political IOUs and demonstrating how low the economy has sunk by 'protecting' kwik-stops better than a bank. Remember that when you see the price of fuel in dollars per gallon or dollars per barrel of oil, you are also seeing the value of a dollar in gallons per dollar or barrels of oil per dollar.

The net value of the US changes little but the stock market swings wildly in "average shares per dollar." It ain't the value of the market changing.

Deek

So, it seems they are trying to prevent robberies to gas stations by banning firearms on the premises with the language about damage to property....but then in 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. they say this doesn't apply.

Color me confused. Unless I'm reading it wrong. And if you didnt know about the change, hello felony.... goodbye gun, the ability to self protect and other rights.

This logic doesn't work at schools, what make them think gas stations are any different?. And how do I avoid a gas station zone?

Mlutz

This is... It would be edited... You know what I'm getting at...

bigdaddy1

Who the h3ll introduced this b/s and who the h3ll co-sponsored it? Of course I am being facetious, those 2 need to be removed.

Last edited:

RR_Broccoli

It seems to me, that if the goal is "fewer robberies" and "safer" they'd make it a felony to fail to have high res high frame rate video on gas station property.

Side bonus, better recordings of drive-offs.

The folks that bring concealed carry guns holding a CCL are not the ones to worry about. The persistent meth-pests the clerks sometimes are friends with and sometimes discourage aren't going to care.

For the average law-abiding citizen, a gas station is one of the MOST likely places to get robbed during their normal activities. (Aside form going to Woodmans, that is.)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: out of :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

bmwguy11

It's 2 liberal idiot democrats. Zepnick and Sinicki.

The bill will never get out of committee. As of right now, it's not even on their calendar.

protias

How the heck am I supposed to be able to fill my car up then (if this passes)? Looks like I'll have to leave a loaded firearm unattended off the property. Ya, that shouldn't cause any problems... :rolleyes:

rimmer

These liberal idiots don't give up. What kind of drugs are they on?
They are crybabies just like the ones who voted them in.
This crap needs to stop.
The next election we will have to eradicate these fools.

XDFDE45

This is
bs.gif
There ya go ;).

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
More sneaky language!

Maybe I am misreading it, but this language sounds like they are also trying to prevent carry on the grounds of, among other places, a University.
AB406, s. 6 9Section 6. 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. of the statutes, as created by 2011 Wisconsin Act
, is amended to read:
AB406,5,2211 943.13 (1m) (c) 2. While carrying a firearm, enters or remains in any part of
12a nonresidential building, grounds of a nonresidential building, or land that the actor
13does not own or occupy after the owner of the building, grounds, or land, if that part
14of the building, grounds, or land has not been leased to another person, or the
15occupant of that part of the building, grounds, or land has notified the actor not to
16enter or remain in that part of the building, grounds, or land while carrying a firearm
17or with that type of firearm.

protias

These liberal idiots don't give up. What kind of drugs are they on?
They are crybabies just like the ones who voted them in.
This crap needs to stop.
The next election we will have to eradicate these fools.

I don't think they were spanked enough as children. Discipline is what keeps a child in line when he becomes naughty.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
No respect for private property rights and the right to self defense. What do expect from Sinicki, a friend of the head WAVE ghoul. (Wonder were the idea for this came from?) A quote from another forum made G rated: "Nuttier than squirrel droppings."

msteinhilber

How about we just prosecute the people who commit the real felonies at a gas station to the fullest extent of the law... rather than giving them some time, a slap on the ass and some probation for them to return to society as a "rehabilitated" career criminal.

bigdaddy1

How about we just prosecute the people who commit the real felonies at a gas station to the fullest extent of the law... rather than giving them some time, a slap on the ass and some probation for them to return to society as a "rehabilitated" career criminal.

Now thats just crazy talk, enforcement of the current law? How bizzar:banghead: