• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 413 and SB 325 rein in DOJ rules

paul@paul-fisher.com

AB 413 and it's companion SB 325 were introduced. They formalize the restrictions on the rules that the JOINT COMMITTEE FOR REVIEW OF ADMINISTRATIVERULES did last month.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB-325.pdf

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB-413.pdf

I suggest we write our elected officials and ask them to add

SECTION 5. 175.60 (4) (c) 1., 2. and 3. of the statutes are created to read:
175.60 (4) (c) 1. Firing live ammunition.
2. A test of the individual’s comprehension and application of firearms safety
rules and procedures for safe firearms handling.
3. A minimum length of the course or program.
4. Face to face instruction

I have bolded the part that needs to be added.

I have sent the following to my elected officials:

I generally support these bills, however, adding just one more line would improve them immensely.

The bills currently have this:

SECTION 5. 175.60 (4) (c) 1., 2. and 3. of the statutes are created to read:
175.60 (4) (c) 1. Firing live ammunition.
2. A test of the individual’s comprehension and application of firearms safety
rules and procedures for safe firearms handling.
3. A minimum length of the course or program.

Please add:

4. Face to face instruction

Thanks!

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

SB 325 has been reported out of committee and available for consideration by the Senate.

Please hit up you Senators to make one more tweak.

They won't add that, no matter how many of us call or email. When I talked to Sen. Vukmir and Rep. Ott, they indicated that they wanted the DOJ to hinge on proof of training on 'the certification of the trainer'. Not hours or curriculum. The training, whether 20 minutes or 20 hours, has to be with a certified trainer and internet courses will not be allowed.

They are not going to go any farther than they had already decided to before the JCRAR hearing with the Attorney General.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
How about pushing them to add an amendment allowing us to skip the stupid two day wait. Even better, allow anyone to skip the stupid wait. Compromise position: Person brings another firearm they own to the retailer for proof that the two day wait is stupid and they walk out with their newly purchased firearm.

Ugh, I have to admit, I've been focused on the national scene too much of late. I'll have to make some calls and set up some email alerts for this stuff...if I can figure it out...lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
With our end goal being constitutional carry, why are we wanting to add more and more hoops to jump through?

I would rather see something like sprocket mentioned, if you have a valid conceal license, forego the waiting period since we have already proven our "worthiness", and already own other firearms.

paul@paul-fisher.com

With our end goal being constitutional carry, why are we wanting to add more and more hoops to jump through?

I would rather see something like sprocket mentioned, if you have a valid conceal license, forego the waiting period since we have already proven our "worthiness", and already own other firearms.

You guys can do what you want. The key is, contact your Senator and tell them what you want. Personally, I want the face to face removed 1st.

BROKENSPROKET

I know that eliminating the 2 day wait for CCL holders is on the agenda of a few legislators. I hope to see it introduced soon.

If it was not for the recount and recalls, we would be farther along. They can't stop the will of the majority, but they can slow us down a little.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Sorry, the part about carrying another firearm into a store for proof was a bad joke to highlight how ludicrous this is.

E6chevron

You guys can do what you want. The key is, contact your Senator and tell them what you want. Personally, I want the face to face removed 1st.

Paul,

If the requirement for training to be face to face (currently defined as instructor led training in JUS17-18 rules), is eliminated, it would allow training over the internet or via CD/VHS/book. Since taking a test is not allowed to be a requirement, there would be no way to tell that the trainee, actually watched or observed any of the training.

Why do you think this is a good idea?

Are you just opposed to ANY required training as a condition of receiving a Wisconsin CCL?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul,

If the requirement for training to be face to face (currently defined as instructor led training in JUS17-18 rules), is eliminated, it would allow training over the internet or via CD/VHS/book. Since taking a test is not allowed to be a requirement, there would be no way to tell that the trainee, actually watched or observed any of the training.

Why do you think this is a good idea?

Are you just opposed to ANY required training as a condition of receiving a Wisconsin CCL?

Yes. Here is my logic:

1. I can OC without a license so therefore no training.
2. I can provide as proof of training, a permit from a state (such as PA) with no training requirement.

littlewolf

IT's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

oliverclotheshoff

AB 413 and it's companion SB 325 were introduced. They formalize the restrictions on the rules that the JOINT COMMITTEE FOR REVIEW OF ADMINISTRATIVERULES did last month.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB-325.pdf

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB-413.pdf

I suggest we write our elected officials and ask them to add

I have bolded the part that needs to be added.

I have sent the following to my elected officials:

paul in post number 1 you say you want it added now in post number 7 you say you want it removed which is it or are you talking about 2 different things which i missed completely

paul@paul-fisher.com

paul in post number 1 you say you want it added now in post number 7 you say you want it removed which is it or are you talking about 2 different things which i missed completely

Well..... that is the wonderful thing about the law. I want the wording added which removes the requirement.

Last edited: