Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun-buddies dinner in Culpeper - 7:30PM, Tues 1/10/12 - Pancho Villa

Gun-buddies dinner in Culpeper - 7:30PM, Tues 1/10/12 - Pancho Villa

I'm thinking that it would be good to do the dinner meet'n'greet in Culpeper, since that's reasonably convenient to Warr'nt'n, F'burg, and the Greater Frederick County Metropolitan Area, as well as Orange, Madison, and possibly Greene (Agent19). (Or at least, equally inconvenient for everyone.)

7:30 p.m. on the evening of Tuesday, January 10, 2012.

How's that strike you?

I've cleared it with Pancho Villa Restaurant, which is on 29-business near the Southern end of town. Left-hand side of the road as you're headed North.

From either 522 or 29, take Rt. 3 to Culpeper, then R. (North) on Main St.
    to: 910 S. Main Street, Culpeper, VA 22701; 540-825-5268

http://panchovillava.com/location_culpeper.htm
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Thumbs up dinner meet'n'greet

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I'm thinking that it would be good to do the dinner meet'n'greet in Culpeper, since that's reasonably convenient to Warr'nt'n, F'burg, and the Greater Frederick County Metropolitan Area, as well as Orange, Madison, and possibly Greene (Agent19). (Or at least, equally inconvenient for everyone.)

7:30 p.m. on the evening of Tuesday, January 10, 2012.

How's that strike you?

I've cleared it with Pancho Villa Restaurant, which is on 29-business near the Southern end of town. Left-hand side of the road as you're headed North.

From either 522 or 29, take Rt. 3 to Culpeper, then R. (North) on Main St.
    to: 910 S. Main Street, Culpeper, VA 22701; 540-825-5268

http://panchovillava.com/location_culpeper.htm
    I'll do my best to attend.
    Last edited by Marco; 12-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    I'll do my best to attend.
    Me too...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

I won't know my schedule until a few days into the month, but I'll see what I can do.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Quote Originally Posted by AbNo View Post
    I won't know my schedule until a few days into the month, but I'll see what I can do.
    If you decide to make the drive over the Mtn. let me know, you can leave your Jeep at my house and we can ride together.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    If you decide to make the drive over the Mtn. let me know, you can leave your Jeep at my house and we can ride together.
    Wait, when did you move to Elkton?

Man, I guess I've been away for a while.

Wait, when did you move to Elkton?

Man, I guess I've been away for a while.
    Not Elkton, Stanardsville.

~Alan Korwin

Do let me know, y'all

whether you're planning to show up or at least a "definite maybe." The restaurant will need to be able to hold enough space for us.

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

whether you're planning to show up or at least a "definite maybe." The restaurant will need to be able to hold enough space for us.
    Count me in.

~Alan Korwin

Not much of a response - I'm thinking, let's just ditch this attempt. Not much interest in the Greater Metropolitan Culpeper area. Marco - I'll let you know next time I go through Greene Co. on my way to C'ville, eh?

I have invited others to attend.
    ~Marco
    Last edited by Marco; 01-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.

~Alan Korwin

In my opinion, even if you only have three people show up, do it. I am sure three people at a dinner can find plenty to speak of for a couple of hours. Don't let small turn out (or imagined small turnout) keep you down. Go and have fun, no matter your numbers.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Well, I'm certainly willing ... AgentNineteen, what do you think? Kind of a long drive for you.

Well, I'm certainly willing ... AgentNineteen, what do you think? Kind of a long drive for you.
    I will be laid off by the end of the week, so I got lots of free time on my hands coming. If you know any good shooting sites nearby that location (doesn't matter to me whether indoor or out) I shall swing out and join you. I need to put alot of rounds through my 1911.

Sent using tapatalk
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 12-26-2011 at 11:53 PM.

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

I'm still in.

~Alan Korwin

Alrighty, then! Let's do it! I'll see you there!

I'm going to try to make it. Looking forward to meeting some of the forum folks.
    Last edited by mk4; 12-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

I will be there with my "Ball-n-Chain".
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Count me in as a highly probable....

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

See, a little enthusiathism goes along way. hope to see y'all there.

Sent using tapatalk
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 12-30-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I believe I'm going to try to make this one.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I'm upgrading to definite at this point.... CU there.

Roscoe

Should still be good to go. It'll be me and at least +1.

Just to double check, is this an OC event, or are we just eating and chatting?

Should still be good to go. It'll be me and at least +1.

Just to double check, is this an OC event, or are we just eating and chatting?

Well, I'll be OC'ing, others will choose what mode they prefer. I imagine at least one will be OC'ing and CC'ing.

~Alan Korwin

This may be why the enthusiasm for this dinner isn't higher:

VCDL meeting in Annandale January 10th

The monthly membership meeting in Annandale will be held on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at the Mason Government Center.
    But I'll be at Pancho Villa....

Roscoe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast