• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-buddies dinner in Culpeper - 7:30PM, Tues 1/10/12 - Pancho Villa

Marco

Should still be good to go. It'll be me and at least +1.

Just to double check, is this an OC event, or are we just eating and chatting?

Well, I'll be OC'ing, others will choose what mode they prefer. I imagine at least one will be OC'ing and CC'ing.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
This may be why the enthusiasm for this dinner isn't higher:

VCDL meeting in Annandale January 10th

The monthly membership meeting in Annandale will be held on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at the Mason Government Center.

But I'll be at Pancho Villa....

Roscoe

user

Accomplished Advocate
Should still be good to go. It'll be me and at least +1.

Just to double check, is this an OC event, or are we just eating and chatting?

My criterion for restaurant selection is that they're going to be ok with having a lot of people openly carrying firearms at dinner. So it's cool to carry.

user

Accomplished Advocate
This may be why the enthusiasm for this dinner isn't higher:

But I'll be at Pancho Villa....

Roscoe

Yeah, there's one more thing I didn't know about. Probably a regularly scheduled event, too, like the Richmond dinner. So I'll skip the meetin' in Annandale - takes more time to get there than it does to get to Cuhpeppah, anyway.

If anyone has suggestions for regularly scheduled git-togethers that won't conflict with known events, cosmic or terrestrial, the floor is available for motions.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yeah, there's one more thing I didn't know about. Probably a regularly scheduled event, too, like the Richmond dinner. So I'll skip the meetin' in Annandale - takes more time to get there than it does to get to Cuhpeppah, anyway.

If anyone has suggestions for regularly scheduled git-togethers that won't conflict with known events, cosmic or terrestrial, the floor is available for motions.

We've grown to the point that it is impossible to be at all places at all times for all events. Nice thing is if you miss something, there will always be someone here to bring you up to speed. Wasn't it John Browning that said, "Whenever one or more are gathered in my name....."? :D

Exception to the rule of let-Mickie-do-it is Lobby Day, Jan. 16th - cancel all conflicts and join the festivities. We need everybody + neighbors and friends. Make 2012 a year to remember!

Bob1

Count me in, User.

I'll be sorry to miss the VCDL meeting and Richmond OC dinner but I try to support all local OC get-togethers when I'm in town.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I told the restaurant I'm figuring on around eight to ten - if it's fewer, it won't be a problem.

Bob1

Quick check to make sure it's still on for tonight. See y'all there. Looks like:

user
bob
roscoe
agent
abno +1
southernboy
grease
doc +1
mk4 (maybe)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Game on!

Ask for user's input on Castle Doctrine - short or long version, both are well thought out.

Make your plans for Lobby Day if you haven't already - we need you.

mk4

Quick check to make sure it's still on for tonight. See y'all there. Looks like:

user
bob
roscoe
agent
abno +1
southernboy
grease
doc +1
mk4 (maybe)

I'll be there. :D

Marco

I'll be there. :D

I believe you are in my area.

Want to ride together.
He with the car with the best mpg drives.

Spoke with Jay on sunday, he stated he and the Mrs. might make this

Last edited:

mk4

I believe you are in my area.

Want to ride together.
He with the car with the best mpg drives.

Spoke with Jay on sunday, he stated he and the Mrs. might make this

Hey there...
You're right, I live not far from the 29 / 33 intersection.

I'm stuck in C'ville near the U until 545-600, but will be rolling north as fast as possible. I hope I'm not late, but it'll depend on traffic.

mk4

+1
thanks, Dan!

good to finally meet some folks.