• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felony if you carry at any gas station ASSEMBLY BILL 406

Lurchiron

we must Occupy the Gas Stations!

Do you sell green tea & sun chips? Do your restrooms have meditation chambers?

Gimme a bottle of anything; and a glazed doughtnut...TO GO!!!

[video=youtube;NsC7oEjCHAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsC7oEjCHAM[/video] :dude:

lockman

State Researcher
If that proposal is allowed to become law it will be the slippery slope to the loss of carry rights in WI. A few other choice premises on that list and unlicensed OC will be discarded on the liberal ash-heap.

wild boar

First Email, writing authors, and Committee Chair

Rep Vos, I'd like to start off by saying what a good job your doing. I know every battle isn't a victory, but your still in the fight; and that sir, is what matters. I'm pleased to have you in my corner. Sitting in the Committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections is AB-406. This is a nightmare brought forward by Rep Sinicki, and Rep Zepnick. These attempts at making felons out of legal carriers has gone on long enough.
A felony for carrying at a gas station, WHY? This has gone forward with no specificity, and a total lack of transparency. Mentioned as part of the crux are ACT 35, and Handguns. I hope you can appreciate the only thing that we, as legal, licensed carriers can think.
I want a definitive answer from you so we know what to do, and where to do it. I have put my trust in you Robin, and to date you've delivered as well as can be expected in the "Political Arena".
At this moment we're flying off in all directions, and need a focus point. It's hard not to blame everyone when no one takes a stand.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas. boar out.

Pyro01

This is absolute BS, gas stations would be the one place I think I'd need to carry the most. My sister has had a gun held to her head because some punk wanted what was in the cash drawer at the gas station she worked at. She's one of the main reasons I carry, and one day whenever she's ready to handle a gun I'll be there to teach her how to use one properly.

paul@paul-fisher.com

If that proposal is allowed to become law it will be the slippery slope to the loss of carry rights in WI. A few other choice premises on that list and unlicensed OC will be discarded on the liberal ash-heap.

This law is even worse than that! Even with a license, it would be a felony. Same protection for the grounds of a gas station as for a school!

G17C

Absolutely Insane. What can these Reps be thinking? This can't possibly go anywhere, why would it? What is their reasoning? I would really like to hear a first hand explanation for the two Reps think this is necessary. I promise to TRY not to laugh, but no guarantee's...... How and why would gas stations be so sacred? I would assume gas stations are the most common type of facility that are victims of armed robbery. All the more reason to allow them be carry friendly. Do they think somehow this is going to magically stop armed robberies? How about instead.......make every robbery a felony, armed or not. Or is it already? If it already is then the deterent is already in place and the only thing this new law would do is effect the law abiding citizens.......