Thread: Armed Robbery at Gateway Community and Technical College

Armed Robbery at Gateway Community and Technical College

A text has said that the Gateway College bookstore was robbed by an armed man. This happened at 10:00 the morning. Suspect is an older white male. Obviously, he missed the big sign that said "Firearms are prohibited". I attend class there in the evenings and am very uncomfortable due to inadequate security and not being allowed to be armed. New update, man was armed with a knife. We need a new sign on the door and a change of law and policy!!
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

If all he had was knife, someone should have grabbed up a dictionary and thrown it at him!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Activist Member
    Concealed is concealed is my solution to these signs at school. Any public colleges ban on firearms is unconstitutional anyways, and my life is more important than a sign. With a good IWB holster, you can conceal the largest semi-auto's under a t-shirt. If you don't have such a holster, check out galco king tuk, or comp-tac minatour, both are excellent, however the comp is a little faster on the draw. I've never had anyone notice I was carrying with such a rig.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Concealed is concealed is my solution to these signs at school. Any public colleges ban on firearms is unconstitutional anyways, and my life is more important than a sign...
    Concealment does have it's advantages in certain situations.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired