Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Might You Need a Gun on Virginia Tech's Ultra-safe, Gun-free Campus?

Why Might You Need a Gun on Virginia Tech's Ultra-safe, Gun-free Campus?

VT Alert:

Gun shots reported- Coliseum Parking lot. Stay Inside. Secure doors. Emergency personnel responding. Call 911 for help.

Suspect described as white male, gray sweat pants, gray hat w/neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack. On foot towards McComas. Call 911

UPDATE:

A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place.
    Last edited by VApatriot; 12-08-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    WABC New York AM 77 reports too.

Leave it to the OCDO "shock troops" to be on top of a story before the MSM.

Anyone have the definition of irony?

Thumbs up

Just saw someone post this over on Facebook and was looking for confirmation. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down!
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

It's on Wavy and Foxnews.

I wonder how this happen at a GUN-FREE-ZONE?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Just saw someone post this over on Facebook and was looking for confirmation. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down!
    I got my info straight from the VT Alert text and email. There are no other details at this time.

UPDATE:

A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place.
    Last edited by VApatriot; 12-08-2011 at 01:18 PM.

A police officer has been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    A police officer has been killed.
    Any cite for that?

Edit: Local news stations are now reporting the same.
    Last edited by VApatriot; 12-08-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VApatriot View Post
    Any cite for that?
    foxnews.com
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by VApatriot View Post
    Any cite for that?

Edit: Local news stations are now reporting the same.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...-rss&FEEDNAME=
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Unbelievable

In the face of another campus murder spree, these folks STILL just don't get it.

From the USA Today coverage:

Update at 1:23 p.m. ET: Social media immediately lit up with posts about the report of shots fired on the Virginia Tech campus.

"VaTech is on lockdown," wrote one poster on Twitter. "Hoping we don't have repeat of the past. What part of no guns at school is apparently hard to get."
    Well I'll tell you, you smart University student:

It's called Gun Control: "A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own [or in this case carry] a gun [on campus]." -- Oldnoob

TFred

kinda scary huh T

the grapevine is alive and well...

wabbit

Very sad day. Will VT ever learn that GFZ don't work? I hope VA can pass a law to prohibit colleges from being able to ban firearms so everyone can protect themselves.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

An official statement from the University says that the officer and another person are confirmed to have been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    In the face of another campus murder spree, these folks STILL just don't get it.

From the USA Today coverage:

Well I'll tell you, you smart University student:

It's called Gun Control: "A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own [or in this case carry] a gun [on campus]." -- Oldnoob

TFred
    Wonder what the nazis thought... "what part of no commies in Berlin is so hard to get?" >.<

From tge USA Today updates :
    "police say the suspect is carrying a handgun or a "long gun"

So... Are there other types to choose from?

(paraphrased) "Police have said that this started as a traffic stop"

Here's to hoping this ends well...

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

I feel very sorry for the vistims family, but now is the time for them to step up and sue VT for not properly protecting their loved one, because VT did not allow their loved one to protect themselves.
    Last edited by hermannr; 12-08-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post

(paraphrased) "Police have said that this started as a traffic stop"

Here's to hoping this ends well...
    Since this POS is a cop killer, if they find him, there is a pretty good chance that he will end up with more holes than a spaghetti strainer. And at this point, I'm not sure that it would bother me too much.

Cop killed; students wonder why?

Two dead in Virginia Tech shootings
    Virginia Tech said that a police officer was shot and killed Thursday and a possible second victim was reported at a parking lot near the campus, where 33 people died in 2007 in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

A campus-wide alert told students and faculty to stay inside and lock doors. Authorities were seeking a suspect. University and law enforcement officials declined any comment on the officer's condition.

A law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said initial reports indicated that the shooting occurred following a traffic stop.

"It's crazy that someone would go and do something like that with all the stuff that happened in 2007," said Corey Smith, a 19-year-old sophomore from Mechanicsville, Va., who was headed to a dining hall near the site of one of the shootings, but stayed inside after seeing the alerts from the school. "It's just weird to think about why someone would do something like this when the school's had so many problems."

The shooting came the same day as Virginia Tech, which has an enrollment of about 30,000, was appealing a $55,000 fine by the U.S. Education Department in connection with the university's response to the 2007 rampage, when a student gunman killed 32 students and faculty and then shot himself.

Remember, an expert on campus safety recently declared:
    The notion that anyone on a college campus in Virginia needs a loaded firearm is patently false, because campuses are one of the safest places in Virginia and across the nation.
    --- Lori Haas

Full of irony, the clueless police chief defends his nno-actions in 2007:

Virginia Tech police chief defends university’s handling of 2007 shooting rampage on campus

Well, we're safe over here at BRCC.

Funny how that works, all these CHP holders around here, carrying guns...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

This was just on my local news here in Colorado. Apearently history lessons actually will be repeated untill learned?

Sympathies.

I just heard one report that suggested that the suspect here might match the description of a suspect in an armed robbery at Radford University yesterday.

I didn't have class today, but I have at least one buddy in lockdown on campus. This buddy is pissed he has been left defenseless. I would be too.

Personally, I think the school should be sued. This is far from the ideal case, however. And god forbid an ideal one ever comes along again.

Good live stream here by a local news station:

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/livestreaming/

Good twitter feed here by Va Tech's Student Newspaper:

http://twitter.com/CollegiateTimes

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast