Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911 tapes of 66 year old lady shooting home invade

911 tapes of 66 year old lady shooting home invade

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ate&id=8459092

Good for her, sad she had to use her gun so soon after buying it, but at least she was able to tell the police how she shot the man that broke into her home and tried to harm her rather than the police showing up to write the report of the dead and raped women. Three shots with a .38 seems to do the trick.

Just love the 911 operator telling her not to shoot..
    *******, unreal.
    Thank goodness she made it. And thank goodness the old .38 did the trick..would be interesting to hear more details- shot placement, load used, etc.

perfect outcome, dead crackhead, and little ol lady cleared of any wrongdoing. 911 operator should be canned tho...
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

The supreme court in 1995 ruled that a police officer doesn't have to protect you. In short, we all know the answer to that one. Get a gun, learn how to use it, and protect yourself and your family. God Bless Her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brave old lady!

shame on him, he got what he deserved if he was stupid enough to keep coming in after she fired 2 times before...good for her!

Good for her!! Poor advice by the 911 operator.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I don't understand why someone after being shot twice wouldn't give up. Even if she did miss.

Picture this,
    Poor Basterd, couldn't figure out why his keys didn't work. Was too drunk to realize he was at the wrong house. So he tried climbing in through a window. Someone shot at him but luckily the first one missed and the second was "only a flesh wound", but then, he got stuck and couldn't back out of the window, and then she shot him again, killing him. Worst of all, he can't figure out why saint Peter called him a dumb ass as he walked through the gate.

Moral of the story, I wish we had all the facts. Or she shot him twice and killed him and there he sat, dead, stuck in the window, then she shot him again and he fell out.

Quote Originally Posted by sidd129 View Post
    I don't understand why someone after being shot twice wouldn't give up. Even if she did miss.

Picture this,
    Poor Basterd, couldn't figure out why his keys didn't work. Was too drunk to realize he was at the wrong house. So he tried climbing in through a window. Someone shot at him but luckily the first one missed and the second was "only a flesh wound", but then, he got stuck and couldn't back out of the window, and then she shot him again, killing him. Worst of all, he can't figure out why saint Peter called him a dumb ass as he walked through the gate.

Moral of the story, I wish we had all the facts. Or she shot him twice and killed him and there he sat, dead, stuck in the window, then she shot him again and he fell out.
    Are you actually blaming the homeowner? Must be one of the brady trolls. You say that she shot 4 times, but the article says she shot 3 times. Do you know more about this than we do? I doubt he was thinking he was at his home, he was just released from jail the morning before he was killed.

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/oct...ome_insightful

One less peace of trash in our streets and he will never harm anyone else ever again.

Picture this,

You missed a part; she shot him when the suspect came back and tried to climb inside the window for a second time. He wasn't stuck in the window, he was trying to re-enter her house.

Were the warning shots necessary? Yes, the 1st shot missed, but where did it go? Playing Devil's advocate, the stray bullet can harm another person (and/or property). I know that the "warning shot" is banned in most law enforcement agencies for afore mentioned purpose. Plus bullets are expensive.

Morals of the story:

Get a gun.
    Protect yourself/loved ones.
    Operator needs a bit more training.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't understand...
    Understatement. Jesus the trolls are out tonight.

Picture this. The moral of your little scenario is don't become a drunk. And you will live.

Bye bye.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Don't "F" with granma, she mo bust a cap in yo aśs son!!

Good for her, one less degenerate on the streets.

It happens I know a LEO from Redding who is familiar with both the Scumbag (having arrested him several times before), and the older lady, I've asked him if he would give her a big Hooah, and will ask him to see about some more specific details of this.

According to him, the first shot was a warning shot- the second shot was a miss, she fired the 3rd time when he had moved to another window, and tried coming in through that one- the guy was a known, local Meth-head supposedly.
    Not sure of the shot-placement -guessing head, since he was crawling in through a window (must have looked like one of those scenes from a Zombie movie to her).
    1-shot stop though..against a guy who likely turn out to have been ramped on Meth? Makes me re-consider the possibilty of .38s.. would be interesting to find out what load she was using, no?

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    It happens I know a LEO from Redding who is familiar with both the Scumbag (having arrested him several times before), and the older lady, I've asked him if he would give her a big Hooah, and will ask him to see about some more specific details of this.

According to him, the first shot was a warning shot- the second shot was a miss, she fired the 3rd time when he had moved to another window, and tried coming in through that one- the guy was a known, local Meth-head supposedly.
    Not sure of the shot-placement -guessing head, since he was crawling in through a window (must have looked like one of those scenes from a Zombie movie to her).
    1-shot stop though..against a guy who likely turn out to have been ramped on Meth? Makes me re-consider the possibilty of .38s.. would be interesting to find out what load she was using, no?
    Like I said "god bless" her! She's a hero in my book.

I feel really bad for Ms. Hopper in that she had to go through such a horrible experience. I'm happy that she takes her personal safety seriously and owns a firearm. I hate to think about what *could* have happened had she not been armed.
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

"She was later cleared of any wrongdoing."

All's well that ends well.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Thanks for the info! It was hard to tell reading the article and listening to the video as to how man shots actually hit him, 1 shot 1 kill is impressive.

It just goes to prove, any caliber can kill with 1 shot, its all about shot placement.

Quote Originally Posted by jag06 View Post
    Thanks for the info! It was hard to tell reading the article and listening to the video as to how man shots actually hit him, 1 shot 1 kill is impressive.

It just goes to prove, any caliber can kill with 1 shot, its all about shot placement.
    Grain of salt on that, one. Not 100% sure, just the initial version he heard from other officers. He was not the officer who responded. Waiting to hear back from him on more precise details.

Good job ma'am! And in Komifornia too!!!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by DonRow View Post
    The supreme court in 1995 ruled that a police officer doesn't have to protect you. In short, we all know the answer to that one. Get a gun, learn how to use it, and protect yourself and your family. God Bless Her!!

Do you know what case this is from? I tried to find it but couldnt. Would like to read it.

One shot stop is a myth anyway. She did it in two, with one miss. Not too shabby for a granny who never fired a gun before.
    Last edited by oak1971; 12-10-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    One shot stop is a myth anyway. She did it in two, with one miss. Not too shabby for a granny who never fired a gun before.
    Wrongo. Word from the LEO in Redding, as of 0900 today, was 1 round, into the upper-chest and straight through the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    Do you know what case this is from? I tried to find it but couldnt. Would like to read it.
    There are a few of these rulings. the only one I can think of at the moment is Castle Rock vs. Gonzales. Google it.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    There are a few of these rulings. the only one I can think of at the moment is Castle Rock vs. Gonzales. Google it.
    Warren v. District of Columbia is one commonly cited case. DeShaney v. Winnebago County Dept. of Social Services is another I've seen mentioned.
    http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/ka...rotection.html
    Last edited by 4angrybadgers; 12-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Just love the 911 operator telling her not to shoot..
    *******, unreal.
    Thank goodness she made it. And thank goodness the old .38 did the trick..would be interesting to hear more details- shot placement, load used, etc.
    Good grief must you analyze every shot, fer chrissake the Lady is alive the crackhead is dead. Is that not enough?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast