• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 tapes of 66 year old lady shooting home invade

oak1971

It happens I know a LEO from Redding who is familiar with both the Scumbag (having arrested him several times before), and the older lady, I've asked him if he would give her a big Hooah, and will ask him to see about some more specific details of this.

According to him, the first shot was a warning shot- the second shot was a miss, she fired the 3rd time when he had moved to another window, and tried coming in through that one- the guy was a known, local Meth-head supposedly.
Not sure of the shot-placement -guessing head, since he was crawling in through a window (must have looked like one of those scenes from a Zombie movie to her).
1-shot stop though..against a guy who likely turn out to have been ramped on Meth? Makes me re-consider the possibilty of .38s.. would be interesting to find out what load she was using, no?

One shot stop is a myth anyway. She did it in two, with one miss. Not too shabby for a granny who never fired a gun before.

Last edited:

j4l

One shot stop is a myth anyway. She did it in two, with one miss. Not too shabby for a granny who never fired a gun before.

Wrongo. Word from the LEO in Redding, as of 0900 today, was 1 round, into the upper-chest and straight through the heart.

KansasMustang

Just love the 911 operator telling her not to shoot..:banghead: :banghead:
Jackass, unreal.
Thank goodness she made it. And thank goodness the old .38 did the trick..would be interesting to hear more details- shot placement, load used, etc.

Good grief must you analyze every shot, fer chrissake the Lady is alive the crackhead is dead. Is that not enough?

4angrybadgers

Good grief must you analyze every shot, fer chrissake the Lady is alive the crackhead is dead. Is that not enough?

No doubt, the victim's survival is the ultimate goal, and in this case it was a good outcome. But is it wrong to gather data on the particulars of self-defense events? Learning requires information. I'd be interested as well if there were more details available on what was used and how it happened.

j4l

No doubt, the victim's survival is the ultimate goal, and in this case it was a good outcome. But is it wrong to gather data on the particulars of self-defense events? Learning requires information. I'd be interested as well if there were more details available on what was used and how it happened.

Still trying to get the rest of the details on that, but without bothering her any more than she needs right now. Info from the LEOs is a bit sketchy as yet.

ken243

Dispatcher: "Put the gun down and wait for police to arrive."

Me: " What!?!?!? You want to trade spots with me? You are here with a man breaking into your house to do who knows what to you. I am sitting at a desk with a computer and phone in a police station telling you to put the gun down."

Dispatcher: " Pick up that gun and shoot the SOB."

Me: "Yeah, that's what I thought you said."

DonRow

Dispatcher: "Put the gun down and wait for police to arrive."

Me: " What!?!?!? You want to trade spots with me? You are here with a man breaking into your house to do who knows what to you. I am sitting at a desk with a computer and phone in a police station telling you to put the gun down."

Dispatcher: " Pick up that gun and shoot the SOB."

Me: "Yeah, that's what I thought you said."

Lol to true, to true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirbinator

Are you actually blaming the homeowner? Must be one of the brady trolls. You say that she shot 4 times, but the article says she shot 3 times. Do you know more about this than we do? I doubt he was thinking he was at his home, he was just released from jail the morning before he was killed.
Which was it? Three shots or four? Do you feel lucky, punk?