• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

911 tapes of 66 year old lady shooting home invade

j4l

Just love the 911 operator telling her not to shoot..:banghead: :banghead:
Jackass, unreal.
Thank goodness she made it. And thank goodness the old .38 did the trick..would be interesting to hear more details- shot placement, load used, etc.

Billy D

perfect outcome, dead crackhead, and little ol lady cleared of any wrongdoing. 911 operator should be canned tho...

DonRow

The supreme court in 1995 ruled that a police officer doesn't have to protect you. In short, we all know the answer to that one. Get a gun, learn how to use it, and protect yourself and your family. God Bless Her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieS

brave old lady!

shame on him, he got what he deserved if he was stupid enough to keep coming in after she fired 2 times before...good for her! :D

sidd129

I don't understand why someone after being shot twice wouldn't give up. Even if she did miss.

Picture this,
Poor Basterd, couldn't figure out why his keys didn't work. Was too drunk to realize he was at the wrong house. So he tried climbing in through a window. Someone shot at him but luckily the first one missed and the second was "only a flesh wound", but then, he got stuck and couldn't back out of the window, and then she shot him again, killing him. Worst of all, he can't figure out why saint Peter called him a dumb ass as he walked through the gate.

Moral of the story, I wish we had all the facts. Or she shot him twice and killed him and there he sat, dead, stuck in the window, then she shot him again and he fell out.

jag06

I don't understand why someone after being shot twice wouldn't give up. Even if she did miss.

Picture this,
Poor Basterd, couldn't figure out why his keys didn't work. Was too drunk to realize he was at the wrong house. So he tried climbing in through a window. Someone shot at him but luckily the first one missed and the second was "only a flesh wound", but then, he got stuck and couldn't back out of the window, and then she shot him again, killing him. Worst of all, he can't figure out why saint Peter called him a dumb ass as he walked through the gate.

Moral of the story, I wish we had all the facts. Or she shot him twice and killed him and there he sat, dead, stuck in the window, then she shot him again and he fell out.

Are you actually blaming the homeowner? Must be one of the brady trolls. You say that she shot 4 times, but the article says she shot 3 times. Do you know more about this than we do? I doubt he was thinking he was at his home, he was just released from jail the morning before he was killed.

http://www.redding.com/news/2011/oc...-poli/?comments_id=910528&CID=home_insightful

One less peace of trash in our streets and he will never harm anyone else ever again.

matt59254

Picture this,

You missed a part; she shot him when the suspect came back and tried to climb inside the window for a second time. He wasn't stuck in the window, he was trying to re-enter her house.

Were the warning shots necessary? Yes, the 1st shot missed, but where did it go? Playing Devil's advocate, the stray bullet can harm another person (and/or property). I know that the "warning shot" is banned in most law enforcement agencies for afore mentioned purpose. Plus bullets are expensive. ;)

Morals of the story:

Get a gun.
Protect yourself/loved ones.
Operator needs a bit more training.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

j4l

It happens I know a LEO from Redding who is familiar with both the Scumbag (having arrested him several times before), and the older lady, I've asked him if he would give her a big Hooah, and will ask him to see about some more specific details of this.

According to him, the first shot was a warning shot- the second shot was a miss, she fired the 3rd time when he had moved to another window, and tried coming in through that one- the guy was a known, local Meth-head supposedly.
Not sure of the shot-placement -guessing head, since he was crawling in through a window (must have looked like one of those scenes from a Zombie movie to her).
1-shot stop though..against a guy who likely turn out to have been ramped on Meth? Makes me re-consider the possibilty of .38s.. would be interesting to find out what load she was using, no?

DonRow

It happens I know a LEO from Redding who is familiar with both the Scumbag (having arrested him several times before), and the older lady, I've asked him if he would give her a big Hooah, and will ask him to see about some more specific details of this.

According to him, the first shot was a warning shot- the second shot was a miss, she fired the 3rd time when he had moved to another window, and tried coming in through that one- the guy was a known, local Meth-head supposedly.
Not sure of the shot-placement -guessing head, since he was crawling in through a window (must have looked like one of those scenes from a Zombie movie to her).
1-shot stop though..against a guy who likely turn out to have been ramped on Meth? Makes me re-consider the possibilty of .38s.. would be interesting to find out what load she was using, no?

Like I said "god bless" her! She's a hero in my book.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

I feel really bad for Ms. Hopper in that she had to go through such a horrible experience. I'm happy that she takes her personal safety seriously and owns a firearm. I hate to think about what *could* have happened had she not been armed.

jag06

Thanks for the info! It was hard to tell reading the article and listening to the video as to how man shots actually hit him, 1 shot 1 kill is impressive.

It just goes to prove, any caliber can kill with 1 shot, its all about shot placement.

j4l

Thanks for the info! It was hard to tell reading the article and listening to the video as to how man shots actually hit him, 1 shot 1 kill is impressive.

It just goes to prove, any caliber can kill with 1 shot, its all about shot placement.

Grain of salt on that, one. Not 100% sure, just the initial version he heard from other officers. He was not the officer who responded. Waiting to hear back from him on more precise details.

hogeaterf6

The supreme court in 1995 ruled that a police officer doesn't have to protect you. In short, we all know the answer to that one. Get a gun, learn how to use it, and protect yourself and your family. God Bless Her!!

Do you know what case this is from? I tried to find it but couldnt. Would like to read it.