• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Really Pi$$es Me Off!

Bucks Gun Shop

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_1...ke-the-case-for-gun-regulations/?tag=facebook

Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.

On July 14, 2010 after ATF headquarters in Washington D.C. received an update on Fast and Furious, ATF Field Ops Assistant Director Mark Chait emailed Bill Newell, ATF's Phoenix Special Agent in Charge of Fast and Furious:

"Bill - can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks."

On Jan. 4, 2011, as ATF prepared a press conference to announce arrests in Fast and Furious, Newell saw it as "(A)nother time to address Multiple Sale on Long Guns issue." And a day after the press conference, Chait emailed Newell: "Bill--well done yesterday... (I)n light of our request for Demand letter 3, this case could be a strong supporting factor if we can determine how many multiple sales of long guns occurred during the course of this case."

*************************************************************************************************

How can we possibly wait until 2012 to get these guys out of office!!!! Everyone that was involved in this should be fired, tried, and held responsible for this fiasco!!!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

you are gonna get flack from someone here for posting the whole text, copyright law

But this has already been posted somewhere else on OCDO today, but I cant find it now.

My point in reply now is that the batfe has already tried to use these Demand letters to
make gun stores report multiple sales.
It was scrapped because it required gun stores to ammass info on sales that was unlawful.
It was discussed in these forums at great length some months ago, We didnt like the idea!

Bucks Gun Shop

My point in reply now is that the batfe has already tried to use these Demand letters to
make gun stores report multiple sales.

The issue is not the Demand Letters... The issue is this corrupt administration using Fast and Furious to justify further Demand Letter requirements...

Currently all dealers are required to report the sale of more than 5 handguns per month to any one person... Thier recent attempt was to require long-guns be treated in a similar manner and they apparently contemplated using Fast and Furious to justify their needs... Great -- Obama and his criminals allow guns to walk... Blame gun dealers... Enact more reporting requirments on the dealer and further limit your 2nd Amendment rights...

MadHatter66

What really makes me mad is that it becomes everyone problem but their own. Blame the dealers, blame Mexico... Its a pretty classic lib move, blame everyone else... Gun dealers and the public will ever pay for this with extra . Do you really think that anyone from the ATF will be out of a job, and you can forget about prison time....

amlevin

When Politicians haven't accomplished anything worthwhile themselves then they resort to blaming others for all that goes wrong.

This administration is a classic example. Nothing will change until we stop electing the same old idiots. On that final note, it's getting so bad that some Congressional Staffers are even calling their boss an idiot. Read about Rick Larsen firing three of his staff.

Dain Bramage

It's clear F&F was a BATF/Justice Dept. 2nd Amendment propaganda hit piece from the beginning. The Bush-era Operation Gunrunner attempted to track guns let loose to Mexican traffickers. When that failed, they shut the program down. No one would have restarted that fiasco, with no attempt at tracking, unless thay expected it to fail.

It's a shame Agent Brian Terry was killed, but he bravely gave his life in a valuable service to his country. His death sparked the investigation that showed our federal agencies have blood on their hands, and to what depths they would sink to strip our rights away. 300 Mexican national deaths would have been heartily ignored.

Dave_pro2a

Operation Fast and Furious is not surprising, not shocking. The government's real motives are also not surprising or shocking.

It's also not a shock that the main stream media tried so hard to ignore this issue.

IMHO the only shocking this is that that people found it about both the program, and the motives.

Welcome to American politics. Republicans do the same thing over different issues.