Thread: VT Shooting

VT Shooting

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08...virginia-tech/

Heart goes out to the Cop that lost his life. I wish the students had the chance to protect themselves. Hopefully they will realize the banning of legal carry on campus does nothing but leave the students with no means to protect themselves.
    Last edited by kcGlock19; 12-09-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Unfortunately, this WILL happen in NC sometime in the future too. Greenville, Greensboro, and Raleigh have ALL seen increases in crime in the neighborhoods around the Universities in those cities over the last year. And the crime patterns are getting closer and closer to these campuses, as the thugs get bolder and bolder, and begin to realize that College Campuses are essentially "victim disarmament zones".

I pray that I am wrong, but I fear that my predictions will be tragically borne out if NC doesn't come to it's senses with regards to lawful carry on campus.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I go to UNCG and when I can I will park just on the edge of campus so I can keep my G19 in the car. No much good but its is better then nothing if something happens and it moves off campus. We have actually had I think two robberies on campus this year and one shooting 100yds off campus.
    Last edited by kcGlock19; 12-09-2011 at 11:32 PM.

It's a matter of time...

And all of the "heavily armed" officers and the helicopters and text messages and PA announcements and lock-downs can never prevent another maniac from chaining a campus building from the inside while the police maintain a perimeter on the outside, while the maniac systematically executes all those inside, including himself, with gunshots to the head (victims facing a wall on their knees).

The good news is that there are very few in law enforcement that will have to join the hundreds of thousands each week applying for unemployment assistance - at least until after the next election (when the lame ducks in power will no longer need them [the rest of us have never mattered]).

Of course a few percent of law-abiding students, faculty and staff carrying concealed or open would make all this a non-issue. But what value does a non (violent crime) issue have to a political position?

Quote Originally Posted by Doble Troble View Post
    Of course a few percent of law-abiding students, faculty and staff carrying concealed or open would make all this a non-issue. But what value does a non (violent crime) issue have to a political position?

You sir are cynical, jaded, calculating and a little bit paranoid of your government.

I like the cut of your jib.

Keep it up...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

VT Shooting

Its a shame and my heart goes out to the family and fellow officers of that department. You know the sad thing is that this will only make it harder on the law abiding gun owners as political leaders will only use this as a reason to make the laws that much more restrictive. Only the good guys loose when these incidents happens. The thugs will continue to break laws and carry illegal firearms anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Unfortunately, this WILL happen in NC sometime in the future too. Greenville, Greensboro, and Raleigh have ALL seen increases in crime in the neighborhoods around the Universities in those cities over the last year. And the crime patterns are getting closer and closer to these campuses, as the thugs get bolder and bolder, and begin to realize that College Campuses are essentially "victim disarmament zones".

I pray that I am wrong, but I fear that my predictions will be tragically borne out if NC doesn't come to it's senses with regards to lawful carry on campus.
    DREAMER. violence like this and worse is already happening on or near NC campuses. one case that comes to mind, is Eve Carson. i still don't think we are getting the whole story behind this.
    there are hundreds of incidents that are not reported as happening in relationship to the collages. lets say the student or staff that walks to a fast food restaurant, or one who has to stop for gas or milk on the way to or from class. IMO, if someone is victimized on the way home from a collage that disarmed them, then it was in affect due to the collage (and the state of NC).

wow, i just tried to research some incidents i heard not long ago but couldn't pin anything down. i guess a person would have to do individual reports with in a small demography
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.