Thread: Well It Is About Time..... Score One For The Good Guys......

Well It Is About Time..... Score One For The Good Guys......

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

If he is convicted the fine and jail time will look like nothing compared to the damages he might pay to the woman he shot.

And, who in their right mind stuffs a pistol in their waistband without a holster?
    Exodus 21:12-14

Click here for some Common Sense

ya right, im sueing you for a "welt". Not gonna happen. In order for a lawsuit to be succesful there has to be some kind of damage, assault at beat. An unfortunate occurance, ya the cop should known better, but it was an accident.
    My 2nd amedment rights trump some paranoid persons ignorance.

Herr Heckler Koch

There ought to be a law!

Quote Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
    And, who in their right mind stuffs a pistol in their waistband without a holster?
    There ought to be a law, like the Saturday Night Special law, to protect us from such common sense. Maybe a list of approved holsters that meet state established criteria or WAVE could make the list or the NRA - they know more about gun safety than idiots. Gun control is control.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 12-08-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    ya right, im sueing you for a "welt". Not gonna happen. In order for a lawsuit to be succesful there has to be some kind of damage, assault at beat. An unfortunate occurance, ya the cop should known better, but it was an accident.
    LOL A welt is a perfect tort for an attorney to ride all the way to the bank.

In a written statement, Milwaukee Police Chief Edward A. Flynn said: "I am disappointed the District Attorney has decided to use the overburdened criminal justice system to address a situation that is best and most appropriately handled as a training and disciplinary matter."
    My dislike for that man grows stronger every time he opens his mouth.
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by Resdon111 View Post
    My dislike for that man grows stronger every time he opens his mouth.
    Why? Hes right.

It was an 100% preventable accident that could have and SHOULD have absolutely never happened - because it did happen that's called negligence. I bet the woman could easily have a case if she so desired.

Why? Hes right.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attacks

I am fairly confident that if the Concealed Carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but I think the DA is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a CCL. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot. The DA doesn't want to get into a favortism match and that's why he is charging this officer.

Now, I believe the incident should never have happened. Whether or not he should be criminally charged, I'm on the fence about, but that's why we have a DA I supposed.

Lightbulb It Didn't Just Go Off...He Pulled The Trigger

The gun did not "go off". The cop pulled the trigger which caused it to fire. The pistol he was carrying will never just "go off", not if you drop it from 10 feet, run over it with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer. It just won't happen. The gun was jammed into his waistband like some kind of gang banger and apparently he felt the gun "slipping" down his pants so he grabbed for it. Obviously he pulled the trigger which caused the gun to fire and then it slipped on down his pant leg onto the floor. The bullet impacted the floor causing the bullet to mostly disintegrate with pieces of it apparently hitting a woman nearby. That means it was fired almost vertically direct into the floor. This "cop" should be charged just as anyone else would be charged. Why give him an out when not one of us would ever get that lucky? If this had happened to any of us "civilians" we would be buried under the jail.

Throw the book at this guy and remove him from the police force.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    The gun did not "go off". The cop pulled the trigger which caused it to fire. The pistol he was carrying will never just "go off", not if you drop it from 10 feet, run over it with a truck or beat it with a sledge hammer. It just won't happen. The gun was jammed into his waistband like some kind of gang banger and apparently he felt the gun "slipping" down his pants so he grabbed for it. Obviously he pulled the trigger which caused the gun to fire and then it slipped on down his pant leg onto the floor. The bullet impacted the floor causing the bullet to mostly disintegrate with pieces of it apparently hitting a woman nearby. That means it was fired almost vertically direct into the floor. This "cop" should be charged just as anyone else would be charged. Why give him an out when not one of us would ever get that lucky? If this had happened to any of us "civilians" we would be buried under the jail.

Completely agree, a common man or woman would have been charged that same day even if they had their "permission slip" so the concealed firearm wasn't an offense in itself.

Why? Hes right.
    Showing up at the station with a soiled uniform is a training and disciplinary matter. Doing doughnuts with the squad car in the station parking lot is a training and disciplinary matter. Farting into the radio is a training and disciplinary matter.

This, however, is gross negligence. He put lives at risk and almost killed someone because he didn't exercise the degree of care a reasonable person would exercise in the same circumstances. If that bullet hit the ground at a different angle, it could have been in somebody's head instead of pranging that lady's thigh. The officer committed a crime, and he's not above the law.
    Last edited by Resdon111; 12-08-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member

Quote Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
    I occasionally do, using Clipdraw. HOWEVER..... I installed a Siderlock safety on my baby Glock for when I carry without a holster, like Mexican carry or just having it in a coat pocket without a pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    Do you think they would turn a blind eye if a moron like you did the same?

You're an idiot.
    That very mature of you. disagree with someone so you call them a name?

That very mature of you. disagree with someone so you call them a name?
    Is it a full moon or something? The night is thick with trolls.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Is it a full moon or something? The night is thick with trolls.

Almost, it's on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Almost, it's on Saturday.
    Close enough, its not just this forum either. The forum I frequent most has been overrun with lunacy of late.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Waxing Gibbous, 99% full moon as I write this. So, yes there is a bunch of lunacy in people tonight.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

What he said. +1

Billy D: In a way I tend to agree with you. He should face a disciplinary hearing first, then be charged. The biggest problem with that is he was off duty and at time "disciplinary hearings" are shoveled under the carpet. The DA here is going to be walking a very tight line, and the DA is the one that will really get his panyhose in a bind if he goofs. (he may anyway)

If you will check Spokane WA, Thompson, and Zehm....you will see the choice was made by the Feds that charged and conviced Thompson after Zehm died from excessive force being used on him in 2006!!!!! Thompson's hearing still had not been held, AFTER 5 1/2 YEARS! and the whole time Thompson was still a paid officer on the Spokane police force.

The really sad part of this whole store is: Otto Zehm's only crimes were, he was a bit mentally slow (downs syndrome) and did not understand why he was being attacked. He was doing nothing criminal at the time. He was purchasing a bottle of soad pop at a convience store. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...m-spokane.html

Quote Originally Posted by mackdaddymp21 View Post
    i am fairly confident that if the concealed carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but i think the da is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a ccl. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot.

ding ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by MackdaddyMP21 View Post
    I am fairly confident that if the Concealed Carry law was not passed or in effect, the officer would have not been charged and just referred to his department for internal discipline / training. This is certainly only my opinion but I think the DA is covering his ass for any future gun negligence that may come from a civilian with a CCL. Because i think we can all agree if that was a civilian he would have been arrested and charged on the spot. The DA doesn't want to get into a favortism match and that's why he is charging this officer.

Now, I believe the incident should never have happened. Whether or not he should be criminally charged, I'm on the fence about, but that's why we have a DA I supposed.
    He was referred to his department and "According to the Greendale chief, the officer was turned over to MPD to review proper safety protocol."

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=2884842

Ignoring the whole not using a holster, wouldn't it be common sense to try to press it against your leg with your palm and not your fingers?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)